I Need Some Multiplex Luck

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Did you get your switch back?
Got it back, doesn't work. It lights up but doesn't turn anything on or off.
He's reviewing his programming to see if he made a mistake. He said if it doesn't light up when I use another switch with a duplicate function, then he made a mistake in the programming. I don't think it does, but going down there to check shortly. He called me at 8, 9 pm his time and that's late for me lol and I didn't want to talk long.

If he can find a mistake in his mapping/programming he's going to program another switch and send it to me with a return label for this one. If not he says if I can send him one of the 6 button switches back with this one he can get enough info off it to fix things and send them both back. He will resolve it one way or the other.

I'd like to add, USPS SUCKS. I got my mail yesterday, some letters but switch wasn't in there so I figure maybe tomorrow.
4 pm my Mom calls and says there were 2 packages in her mailbox for me and she's out in my driveway with them. She lives down the road 1/8 mile away. The switch and a package of grip tape from Amazon, both clearly labeled with my address. Idiots.

Got new switch today. It works!
So my multiplex problem is taken care of and I have the mapping in case another switch gives me problems.
Refrigerator put back together. All fuses checked with multimeter. Door ice and water still doesn't work. That's ok, I lived without it all last winter. I give up on that. I think there's a switch where you push in the dispenser with your glass that's bad but parts for the 1402 are hard to come by. At 15 years old it will probably give up completely at some point and I'll have to go to the trouble of replacing it with a residential.

I'll put the grip tape on the bottom of the kitchen slide tomorrow. I have 2 cylinders coming to replace my engine door cylinders that are weak. Supposed to be here Friday.

That's all I'm doing before going back to Florida.

Glad to hear the switch works. Is the assumption that he made a mistake programing yours or that it could be bad even though it took the programing?

Glad to hear the switch works. Is the assumption that he made a mistake programing yours or that it could be bad even though it took the programing?
He said there was a possibility that he was in such a hurry to get it back to me that after mapping it out on his computer he forgot to transfer it to the switch itself.
He also has a corporation to run, does this in his spare time. Monaco owner like myself and got irritated with no support on the older intellitec, and if you could find it pricing was outrageous.
So he bought the stuff to do it himself and got approved as a reseller.

They don't make these anymore, not in this size factor. To use a new 10 button switch I'd have to take a jigsaw to my wall to get it to fit. So we have to use old switches.
To make sure everything went right this time he said he went ahead and put new switches on this board, pretty much made the switch board brand new.

Latest resources

Back