RV Length
43 ft
Chassis
Roadmaster RR10S
Engine
Cummins 400 ISL
TOW/TOAD
2010 Ext. Cab Silverado 4x4
One of my intellitec multiplex switches went dark and unresponsive. It was the big 10 button one. After doing all I could do I shipped it to a guy in Atlanta, he got it today.
Now IF he can get the programming off of it he can transfer it to a switch like it he has there and ship it back to me.
If not he'll have to lay hands on my coach and get into the intellitec system. This involves me going through Atlanta on my way to Florida and also having to go over Monteagle Mountain. And also going through Chattanooga. I hate all 3 things with the intense burning hate of a thousand suns, especially the Atlanta part.

Please wish me luck!!

I will be on the edge of my seat until Paul from Atlanta gets back with me on multiplex programming news later today.
This is a large life event for me.

No word yet.

I'm dying over here.

Keeping an eye on this too. Could you have gone through the mothership for this without someone needing to actually get in teh controller?

Keeping an eye on this too. Could you have gone through the mothership for this without someone needing to actually get in teh controller?
Monaco went bankrupt in 2010 I think and has passed through 2-3 other companies since. Now REV Group and they won't do anything for us who own the coaches from the days when Monaco was really good. I don't think you can get much more than a pdf of an owners manual from them.
There's a place in Ohio that does this too, MM RV Electronics, but they'd be doing the same thing as Paul is doing and I'd have to go there if it didn't work.
Paul owns a Monaco and started doing this as a hobby and to work on his own coach. He also invented some kind of toilet part/electrical board deal for the electric toilets that so many Monaco owners were having failures on.

Also these switches aren't made any more, a few people have some of the old ones laying around like MM and Paul. The new ones are bigger so you have to cut a bigger hole in the wall.

Monaco went bankrupt in 2010 I think and has passed through 2-3 other companies since. Now REV Group and they won't do anything for us who own the coaches from the days when Monaco was really good. I don't think you can get much more than a pdf of an owners manual from them.
There's a place in Ohio that does this too, MM RV Electronics, but they'd be doing the same thing as Paul is doing and I'd have to go there if it didn't work.
Paul owns a Monaco and started doing this as a hobby and to work on his own coach. He also invented some kind of toilet part/electrical board deal for the electric toilets that so many Monaco owners were having failures on.

Also these switches aren't made any more, a few people have some of the old ones laying around like MM and Paul. The new ones are bigger so you have to cut a bigger hole in the wall.
Aww man that is a really shitty situation, I'm sorry you have to deal with that. Did you get an update?

Aww man that is a really shitty situation, I'm sorry you have to deal with that. Did you get an update?
Not yet, I'm sure he'll get to it this weekend.

He just called me.

Bad news, he couldn't get anything off of the switch.

Good news, after asking me a few questions and deciding I was capable he told me how to find where each switch goes to, so I can jumper the modules, find what each fuse powers, and draw him a map and he can program the new switch from that. An led lights up when you power a switch on, I'll map all those. Then I'll have to jumper the ones that don't light up and see what they power up.
So I'm basically doing what he was going to have to do with me at his place. Then when he knows what each switch on the switch pad powers, he can program it and send it back to me.

It may take me a few days but that's ok, I'm retired.

Best thing is, now I can go to Florida through Alabama.

He just called me.

Bad news, he couldn't get anything off of the switch.

Good news, after asking me a few questions and deciding I was capable he told me how to find where each switch goes to, so I can jumper the modules, find what each fuse powers, and draw him a map and he can program the new switch from that. An led lights up when you power a switch on, I'll map all those. Then I'll have to jumper the ones that don't light up and see what they power up.
So I'm basically doing what he was going to have to do with me at his place. Then when he knows what each switch on the switch pad powers, he can program it and send it back to me.

It may take me a few days but that's ok, I'm retired.

Best thing is, now I can go to Florida through Alabama.
Glad to hear that it'll save you a detour and you can do most of the pathfinding yourself. Def keep us posted through the process.

I didn't think walking and sitting could make a guy so tired and sore. Luckily the closet lights aren't on the multiplex system.
So I turn on a switch, walk to the back closet, step up on the motor hatch, then duck to enter closet (one of every ten times raise up too fast and hit my head on closet door header), find led on one of 3 multiplex modules. Then since they aren't lined up with their channel designation I have to count the unlit leds to make sure I have the right one.

Then turn liv rm lights back on, walk to dinette, sit down and write down which module and channel the led was lit on, what it controls, and which switch pad it's on. Then turn off liv rm lights, activate another switch and repeat.
Complicated by the fact I was 6 switches in before I realized the leds didn't line up with their fuses so I had to start over again.
3 modules, 10 fuses/leds each.

So I did all that. Today I'm going to go through each one of them again and check my work for accuracy.
I have 8 fuses that the leds didn't light by operating any switch. These obviously control the functions on my bad 10 button switch.
On these I have to remove the fuse, stick a screwdriver in the fuse slot, then run a cable with gator clips on each end from my hot to the screwdriver and go see what lights up. Then document all that.

1666197321057.jpeg

Latest resources

Back