• Commercial/Vendors welcome

I Need Some Multiplex Luck

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Forgot to mention there's a set of dip switches on each module I have to document the position of.
One thing bothering me is I have 8 fuses/leds to check that came off the bad switch, but that switch has dupes on it that also work on other switches.
I see 4 dupes. That leaves 6. I have 8 on the panel. So I'm wondering what the other 2 power.

I guess I'll find out.

Better type this all up, print it out and tape it or the inside of the closet door when done too. Sounds like you’ve been busy but making progress though

Better type this all up, print it out and tape it or the inside of the closet door when done too. Sounds like you’ve been busy but making progress though
Most definitely, and put a copy in the safe also. Just in case another switch goes bad.

All I have left to do is read the dip switches (magnifying glass) and document them, then put all this in legible form to email it to my tech guy so he can load the info on the new switch. I've learned so much from this I'm glad I did it this way.
There's a switch in the toilet room and one in the shower room, both have a button BACK LT on the pad, we always wondered why they controlled nothing. I found that there isn't a wire coming out of that terminal on the multiplex box, just an option we don't have I guess.

He called me last night and I told him I had identified where each button on the bad switch went to on the multiplex modules and he said You figured that out, that's great, saves me time. He was just expecting a bunch of stuff to have to decipher himself.

I'm seriously glad I didn't have to go to Atlanta and let the guy do all this with all that's involved in it.

Switch is programmed and on the way back to me.

So your going to miss Monteagle, the Ridge Cut and the Split, and Atlanta.....what a boring trip....lol.

So your going to miss Monteagle, the Ridge Cut and the Split, and Atlanta.....what a boring trip....lol.
Paul, the guy who programmed my switch, said he got back from a trip the other day and had to drive from the airport through Atlanta to his house north of Atlanta. He said Believe it or not, it seems it's worse than usual. Road construction everywhere, temp roads built off over the dirt to get around it. I'd have been going the other way but he said it was both sides if I heard him right.

Anyway, I'm good. Seen all that stuff pulling a travel trailer through there twice and a fifth wheel twice. I know my pac brake works, no need to test it on Monteagle.

Now on to other projects. Current one is trying to figure out why the ice dispenser auger on my dometic 1402 doesn't work. Actually all door functions are dead, water, ice, light. All last winter we had to dump the ice bin by hand instead of getting it through the door, the horror lol. I thought I tested all the fuses last winter. Now I have the circuit board in the door out. It's clear I'm over my head so I'm going to put it back together today and go back to checking fuses again. Circuit boards are unavailable anyway.

Popped my big curb side bottom slide seal out yesterday, it tends to want to stay in. Ordered grip tape this morning that will hopefully fix that.

The control board in the door is just a switch. The board that actually controls things is on the back of the unit. open the lower hatch and take a look. We did not work on the ice makers at school, but they plugged into the board in the back.

Also let me know if I can dig further. I have the schematics for the refrigerators and I have the resources of the school and its students in private groups to answer questions.

Did you get your switch back?

Latest resources

Back