• Commercial/Vendors welcome

If you have a pre-2011 DP in Ca you may be getting one of these:

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
well I just got my notice after sending them $930. I’m so irritated its best I don’t further comment.

I normally try to discourage anyone from moving to Florida. We are still averaging over 1,000 people moving here a day. I would rather have snowbirds because then they contribute to our tax base but leave for 6 months. But, you can't have everything......so any of you folks from California that want to come on over that will be fine. I'm pretty sure our Govenor uses less hairspray, which is a good thing IMHO.

well the good news is that a friend of mine has a truck repair business near me and he’s on the list. He’s honest and reasonable so I won’t have to worry about all the ways “credentialed testers” can try to rob their customers. And he’s only 30 miles from me. I’m still irritated but at least I wont be at the mercy of some unscrupulous or incompetent shop.

I was wrong about only pre-2011 rigs being affected though. Those are the ones that will have to retro-fit a DEF system or not register it in Ca, but it appears we will all be subject to the testing process while they hold our paid-for registration hostage.

I’ll report back on how the testing process goes, what’s involved, the cost, how long it takes, etc. Probably do a forced regen before testing too. I’ll ask the shop owner about that.

Latest resources

Back