Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I'm very picky when it comes to mattresses and beds, had a heck of a time at my S&B and finally found the right nest. I was concerned how I'd like the sleep number that came in my 2017 VTDP, I actually like it! But lately I'm experiencing two issues: A "crease" in between the bladders, i.e. a noticeable dip, and being the sole sleeper in my bed it slants towards my side. If I end up on the other side as happened this morning it's like rolling down a hill. I'm not sure if this is a thing over time with these sleep number beds. I've tried laying on each side to have weight on the bladders while inflating to the desired set point.

Anyone else experiencing oddities with their sleep number? Do you think Newmar gave us budget sleep number beds and maybe I should check with sleep number for upgraded options such as a better version of what Newmar gave us? I think I need to call sleep number and see what they say.

One thing we learned is when the batteries are low strange things happen, bed will almost deflate or go to highest setting. We are very satisfied to this point very satisfied with our sleep number

Hi Neal, I don't sleep on a Sleep# bed but the ones I've seen are for two sleepers i.e. individual controls for each side. Two air bladders in one case? Is that how the Sleep# beds are in Newmar coaches? Do they make a Sleep# for a single sleeper in a Queen or larger?
I checked their site and it looks like the biggest bed for 1 person is 54" X 80".

Last edited:
Is that how the Sleep# beds are in Newmar coaches?

Yes, left and right zones. I actually bumped up the pressure to 70% and that seems to have solved my problem. I have to admit it really is a comfortable bed. I'd just be curious as to what sleepnumber offers now that I like it.

We have Sleep # in our S&B and in the DS. Wouldn’t have any other type. You might try a foam topper to even out your air bladder spacing.

We have the regular mattress that came with the MADP; not the Sleep Number. If we wanted to move to the Sleep Number, can we just buy the RV version at the local SN store? If not, where might the RV version be available; Newmar Parts Dept. excepted?

TJ

We have the stock mattress and I added a 3 inch memory foam topper from Costco that makes and amazing difference. Tip; a regular electric knife like the one used to carve a turkey makes cutting foam easy, I used one to round the corners of the topper to match the mattress.

We have a Temperpedic at home. Have ordered the SleepNumber for our upcoming New Aire. I put a 3” memory foam topper on our current coach. I used an electric knife on ours as well, as it’s the typical short RV king

We have the stock mattress and I added a 3 inch memory foam topper from Costco that makes and amazing difference. Tip; a regular electric knife like the one used to carve a turkey makes cutting foam easy, I used one to round the corners of the topper to match the mattress.

My bed compresses under the bedroom cabinets a little bit as the slides are closed. How does this get handled by adding even more thickness to the bed?

My bed compresses under the bedroom cabinets a little bit as the slides are closed. How does this get handled by adding even more thickness to the bed?
We just flip the topper up at the bottom of the bed when closing, not a big deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back