Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
I fought with our Sleep Number bed for a full year and finally gave up. We are fortunate to have a great custom mattress company close to us that was able to build us a very comfortable mattress to the necessary measurements. It's a scaled down version of the one we bought for our S&B. Best night's sleep we have ever had in an RV.

I didn't like the Sleep # so I went with a Tempurpedic knock-off (Bob-O-Pedic, for East-coaster's). I believe I did the 9" (no clearance issues). It's heavy, though, so it makes getting under the bed harder.

It's heavy, though, so it makes getting under the bed harder.

I wonder if you could change out the hydraulic assist lifters to help with that?

I did just that, replaced the struts with heavier ones, I believe stock was 80 and went to 100 pound rated

We have had a SNB at the S&B since 2007. It was actually our second SNB since we bought the first one for our Monaco Knight. The one at home is “top of the line” and we like it a lot.

Our third SNB came with our 08 Monaco Camelot when we bought it new in 2009 (right after the bankruptcy, great price). It was ok, but not near as good as the one at the house.

Our forth SNB came with our 2017 DS which we just sold. It too was a big step down from the one at the house.

So yes, the SNB’s that these RV manufacturers are putting in these coaches do not appear to be top-of-the-line.

So with that in mind, when we went to spec the 2020 DS 4081 we currently have on order, we seriously considered not ordering the SNB upgrade.

The list on that option is about $1,250 so it’s about $900 after discount. I figured we would just throw out the stock mattress, which, by the way I have never actually seen in a coach, and get something better.

So I started pricing “something better” and found myself looking at some pretty large numbers. So we doubled back and optioned in another Newmar quality SNB.

For example, to “upgrade” to a medium quality SNB, one would be looking at $3 to $3.5K. I’m not saying they’re worth that much, but that’s what is being asked.

For example, to “upgrade” to a medium quality SNB, one would be looking at $3 to $3.5K. I’m not saying they’re worth that much, but that’s what is being asked.

I'm liking the one I have even better! Not spending that much!

We have the sleep number and it is very comfortable - except if we forget to adjust the settings after large changes in elevation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back