• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Induction Cook Top

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I am ever mindful of my inverter output. To be honest I would not be able to use it. My single coil unit is 1400 watts max. and most of the time I use it at the start-up setting of 1100 or step it down. My system is set with an Air switch(180 amp breaker). Because the cook top is an inductive load there is a start-up hit but it seems quite low in my case.

Only two items in my rig are not used on inverter are the A/C and the air fryer/ micro.

To keep with this post linage the circuit use is a 20 amp dedicated circuit. If the kitchen circuit you want to plug into is dedicated 20 amp then it should be fine. Even if not dedicated and is 20 Amp you should be ok as long as Like @MapNerd posted you don't try to overload the circuit.

to be fair, we were using the cooktop, convection oven and instant pot air fryer all at the same time and turned them all on within minutes of each other, and we were on 30amp service, and the generator wasn’t running.

we’ve learned to slowly increase our heating appliance loads, have the auto gen start set, and tend not to use the air fryer unless we’re on 50amp service.
No issues so far...

i do carry 2 spare 300amp fuses now though!
So I wasn't dreaming when I said everything in our 4369 (8 battery bank) could be ran except a/c units when not hooked up to shore power or generator? My AGM was always set to have the generator come on before my house bank got too low so I never worried about that.

So I wasn't dreaming when I said everything in our 4369 (8 battery bank) could be ran except a/c units when not hooked up to shore power or generator? My AGM was always set to have the generator come on before my house bank got too low so I never worried about that.
You can do it...for a few minutes!

Latest resources

Back