Chassis
Frieghtliner M2 106
Engine
Cummins L9
TOW/TOAD
2020 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4x4
Fulltimer
No
Does Newmar put the induction cook top on a seperate electric cicuit?

Thanks.

Jay

Yes, it requires shore power (or GEN) as noted by looking at your circuit breaker panel for the 120V breakers. Notice one side is shore power side (side with A/C's) and the other side is the inverter side.

Just for information, anyone know what the power requirements are for these units?
As you all know I don't have one but I use a portable one outside.
How about a pic, I just want to see how the other side lives.

Our 4369 had that cooktop which was plugged in to a 110 outlet. I always assumed it would work off batteries but I never tried it, just like I thought my microwave would work without generator or shore power, but again I never tried it. With 8 batteries in my bank I thought the only things I could not run when not on shore power or on generator was the three a/c units.

But Neal is probably correct.

I have often thought of trying to plug the induction into the outlet on the kitchen outlets and run it off the inverter. As long as you don’t run much else.

I certainly ran about anything plugged into a 110 outlet off the inverter when I had my 17. The DW could do her hair dryer for one thing. I thought the salesmen told me originally everything could be ran except a/c units when not plugged in or on generator, but like I said before I never actually tried it so I don't know if that was good info or not.

It is probably fine, I just use extreme caution after @MapNerd's event where he lost all power due to a blown inverter fuse. I now have 3 spare fuses and hope to never use one. When I use the air fryer I typically plug into the induction cooktop plug due to the fear from above scenario but last time I did use the under cabinet plug (inverter side) and it did fine. Be aware of electrical loads. Know the ratings which are probably on the underside of the cooktop but I'm too lazy to look.

So @Neal What size breaker is the induction top connected to?

What part of lazy was unclear! Fine, I'll get out of my chair...

It's 120V / 1800W on a 20A breaker.

This is "my" model induction cooktop, different coaches have different models, dual burner, blah blah blah.

IMG_2733.jpg

to be fair, we were using the cooktop, convection oven and instant pot air fryer all at the same time and turned them all on within minutes of each other, and we were on 30amp service, and the generator wasn’t running.

we’ve learned to slowly increase our heating appliance loads, have the auto gen start set, and tend not to use the air fryer unless we’re on 50amp service.
No issues so far...

i do carry 2 spare 300amp fuses now though!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back