Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
how do you like cooking on the induction cooktop? Other than cleaning, not my department

how do you like cooking on the induction cooktop? Other than cleaning, not my department
It's been a learning process as far as figuring out the temperature. The induction range heats up fast. I had a gas range in my home so quite different, but I like the induction cooktop.

I'll chime in :) It does a good job, obviously you have to have compatible cookware. I really like my new All-Clad cookware. But these dual burner induction cooktops have a quirk in that you cannot run both burners on max (level 10). So what I do for example is boil water on level 10, then once it reaches boil the second burner is turned on to heat sauce (Spaghetti obviously I'm discussing, what else do you eat??) and you'll see the level 10 burner come down to 5 I believe. You can raise it to 7 and the other burner will go to 3, i.e. a sum total of 10. However, even at level 3 it gets very hot, it's very effective. But just note the 120V dual induction cooktops have this quirk. Before I got my coach, in the spirit of my hoarding tendencies, I bought additional single burner cooktops but sold them as I never used them.

We (actually Gail) are practicing on a Duxtop single burner to see what works. Neal, thanks for the detail on power quirks.

Thinking about a

Heat Diffuser Stainless Steel Induction Diffuser Plate​

so we can use our non induction pots with the RV induction cooktop.

Amazon product ASIN B07QMNHB5F

No no no nooooooo....you have to buy when you get a new coach. Time for new pots and pans :) Need help??? :)

I have a Wolf gas cooktop at home which I dearly love. I really dislike the induction cooktop, but it does a better job than a regular electric top. You really have to do a good job of cleaning it after every little use. Judy D

All the Le Creuset cookware is OK, it is the other pots that are a question, aluminum/copper. We may have to bring the heavy stuff along on the trips which of course means buying a second set for the RV....

Moved these posts out of @ARD's suggestion for Newmar post as it's off topic and is better handled in its own discussion.

resume....

I’ll just pass along what I’ve heard the wife say 😀

We had a solid surface electric cooktop in the S&B, not induction. Our last coach had a propane stove.

Solid surface in the house was a whole lot harder to keep clean than the new one in the coach.

She hated the propane in the last coach and it was rarely used.

We did buy a set of pots for the induction cooktop, same as they had on the shelf at North Trail but a bunch less money.

Induction Pots and Pans,... Amazon product ASIN B08WRD24ZH
Even with the max of 10 power limitation she loves cooking on the new induction stove.

As a side benefit, ours is removable so we could take it outside and cook as well.

All the Le Creuset cookware is OK, it is the other pots that are a question, aluminum/copper. We may have to bring the heavy stuff along on the trips which of course means buying a second set for the RV....
I love Le Creuset, but boy is it heavy for coach use. I have a set of Magma all stainless nesting pots, and All Clad nonstick frying pans for the coach. Judy

Latest resources

Back