• Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI Installing a Air Booster

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Ever since @ARD did her write up of her Red Diamond unit I have been considering a change. @sheridany talked about how much he liked his air doubler. Now @Joe Hogan has this nice write up.

Maybe, just maybe….
I loved my air doubler BUT I have to admit, I haven't used it since I bought the Milwaukee Tire Inflator M18 with an 8 Ah lithium battery for my toad. It's the only thing I use now to top off my coach tires. It is so much easier. 😬

Simply inserted chuck in factory supply air supply receptacle and looped black tube to shark bite on air boost unit.
Tie wrapped the factory receptacle piece up so no movement. There is a ball valve to isolate the installation when not in use.
Very clean and logical process.
Mikey is very knowledgeable on both Newmar and Spartan maintenance repairs.
Helped me with a few things and questions on RV.
Thanks for the additional 411 and pics! Hmmm.... This seems like it could be a very easy DIY install then. Moving from slightly tempted to "I'm in!" as I chew on this first-hand knowledge you've shared. Thanks!

Best,
-Mark

Interesting, may have to check that out while at Spartan factory for the run flat install this September.
Just a heads up on the run flat installation time, it takes about 6 hours for 365x70.

Yeah, they said most of the day to install. Getting there on a Thursday in case hey need more time.

I loved my air doubler BUT I have to admit, I haven't used it since I bought the Milwaukee Tire Inflator M18 with an 8 Ah lithium battery for my toad. It's the only thing I use now to top off my coach tires. It is so much easier. 😬
I am loving my Dewalt air compressor, set it and forget it. Thank you for telling us about yours which inspired me to go that route. Used it the first time the other day and something I could and probably will keep in the toad when not RVing. Great tool to have. While the doubler sounds interesting having to deal with air hose is the downside. Keeping things simple and minimizing storage is key to me.

@MarkMaxPayne If you do your own install, Spartan used a regulator after install to adjust the doubler PSI Max to 130 so you don’t blow out your tires.

Not to beat this any more BUT, air from the RV has gone through the the filters and Air Dryer. With the Air Booster air is relatively clean and Dry.
This is one of the considerations I had making the decision to purchase the Air Booster.

Lastly if you don’t already have air hose and tire filling accessories , you’ll need to get those items.

I stopped by Harbor Freight to pick up a fresh air hose, 1/4” by 50’, and couplers for the hose.
The Viair kit stays complete and in the tow vehicle. IMG_1784.jpeg

Last edited:
Having dry air is the biggest reason I have for considering the air doubler - less potential internal tire degradation.

Looks like Red Diamond is for Spartan only? What is the equivalent recommendation for Freightliner?

Latest resources

Back