Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

MarkN

RVF Newbee
Im planning to install a Gmrs radio in my 2018 Dutchstar. Has anyone done this? I am curious as to running the antenna up to the roof and the power cable to the house batteries. Any info and pics would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Mark

Tried to install a CB antenna on the CanyonStar, but too much electrical interference to get a decent signal. Moved on to GMRS and ham when stationary.
The GMRS handheld will use the stock antenna for now.

With antenna coax, one must be careful routing the wire under the dash, interference can occur both ways. I brought the power wire in alongside a bundle that comes in behind the dash radio. My wire runs were done by a reputable CB shop that deals with eighteen wheelers all day. They mounted the antenna on the ladder and ran the coax underneath the coach to a fron grommet by the accelerator.

I have 2m and CB.Difficult finding anyone to talk to on either.

here is what I mounted on one of the fake awning brackets on the roof to hold a 2' Firestick.. works great and I can actually leave it laying down if all I want to do is monitor. range is better than I expected it to be..

photo taken during installation
IMG_7100.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back