• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Installing a victron 500a shunt battery monitor

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
No worries at all. So if you don’t have slides, there are my not be any major draws in your TT to worry about. So 2/0 should be fine. And yes, you can add batteries together. If your one 200ah is a 12v battery (likely) you can add another 12v battery and double your amp hours. You put them in parallel, positive to positive and negative to negative.

See this link for a good picture: How To Wire Multiple 12V Or 6V Batteries To An RV

No worries at all. So if you don’t have slides, there are my not be any major draws in your TT to worry about. So 2/0 should be fine. And yes, you can add batteries together. If your one 200ah is a 12v battery (likely) you can add another 12v battery and double your amp hours. You put them in parallel, positive to positive and negative to negative.

See this link for a good picture: How To Wire Multiple 12V Or 6V Batteries To An RV
Yes I realize that.what I was saying is will the two double my bms capacity of both or keep it at 200a? Which if it does then the highest draw possible out of the batteries would be 200a. I’m sorry but I like to have everything in order before I even start a project so not to have ques. Once I get into it.

Yes I realize that.what I was saying is will the two double my bms capacity of both or keep it at 200a? Which if it does then the highest draw possible out of the batteries would be 200a. I’m sorry but I like to have everything in order before I even start a project so not to have ques. Once I get into it.
Also the wire in my rig now from the battery is either 6 or 8 gauge.

Two batteries (at 12v) will become 400ah of total capacity, which would double not only how many amps can be pulled at once, but also effectively double your capacity (How long you can bookdock, for example)

I need to make sure we are talking the same thing. Is your battery able to have a 200amp draw? Or 200 amp hours of capacity? Or both?

What model battery?

I have a question!
How far from the battery are you mounting the shunt?

Two batteries (at 12v) will become 400ah of total capacity, which would double not only how many amps can be pulled at once, but also effectively double your capacity (How long you can bookdock, for example)

I need to make sure we are talking the same thing. Is your battery able to have a 200amp draw? Or 200 amp hours of capacity? Or both?
Both. It’s an amperetime 200ah. And a 200a bms

Both. It’s an amperetime 200ah. And a 200a bms
Ok. That works. I found the model online. That should do well for your TT, especially without an inverter.

Any other questions?

Latest resources

Back