• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Instant Pot in your RV

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Do I detect a pattern here? London broil, perhaps?

Just curious, @Jim; do you use the traditional flank steak "London Broil," and do you marinate it before using it in your dishes? In the photos, it does not appear to be marinated, but sometimes it is hard to tell.

Another "RV chef" would appreciate your insights. Oh...and, your dishes look really good. (y)

TJ
Yes, we are a fan of the London Broil. Not sure what cut it really is, but it provides a multitude of dishes. It's not going to replace a good T-bone, but we can't eat T-bones all the time, right? As for marinate, yes, and no. :) Depends of what we're cooking.

Many years ago I started taking (what the grocery store labels as a London Broil) and would sprinkle an ample amount of tenderizer over both sides followed with a liberal amount of Lawry's Seasoning Salt, also on both sides. Cover and let that sit for a couple of hours. Then generously apply Russian Salad dressing to both sides, cover with a towel, and let it marinate in the refrigerator for 12-24 hours.

Fire up the grill, preferable charcoal, and get the grate HOT. Very Hot. Toss your London Broil on the hot grate and it will sear the outside, leaving a nice grate mark on the meat. Do this to both sides. The smoke will smell unbelievable! Then move the meat to a lesser hot area and cook to your liking. I prefer medium or medium-rare.

When it's cooked to your liking, slice it into 1" slices and serve with your choice of veggies and other stuffs. This is a seriously good way to take an inexpensive cut of meat and make a super good dinner out of it.

Bonus: If there is any left over, it can be diced up and tossed into a frying pan the next morning. Serve with eggs, sliced cold fruit and if you're really daring, a glass of champagne. (Personally, I gave up the champagne years ago, but there was a time.... )

Last edited:
We too have one both an at home and in the motorhome. Cindy uses it to make Chicken tortilla soup, chili, artichokes, pot roast, cheese cake, lava cakes etc. Google and Facebook are good resources for recipes.

Wow, the last time I visited this thread there was snow on the ground! Thanks for reviving it @Soniccruzer. It's better to see pictures of it than to be outside in it. :)

Latest resources

Back