• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Instant Pot in your RV

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
After a little research, it appears that the Meat Stick probe needs an additional "range extender/wifi bridge" in order to be used inside a metal enclosure like an oven, covered grill, Instant Pot, etc. No big deal, but it is important to know that before ordering.

TJ

Thought that might be an issue, however, without doing a scientific experiment it not only works with the Air Fryer lid, but today cooked a pork roast with the pressure lid on. I have to admit the phone was only about 10-20 feet away (sat on easy chair while food cooked). From this experience I don't believe there is a need for the extender. At least with the 2 times I have used it.
They rate it at about 130 feet, however, the biggest issue is whether there is enough of a 'hole' at the radio wavelength to allow the signal out at all. Once out the only consideration is the attenuation which apparently is high enough to keep the signal from my phone (10' away).

BTW: Pork roast came out great!

We've had one for years and use it all the time. Pulled pork, beef stroganoff, spaghetti bolognese, chili, soups of every kind, steamed potatoes and other veggies...you name it. However, we're starting to wonder about giving the version from Ninja a test run as it can also air fry.

We've had one for years and use it all the time. Pulled pork, beef stroganoff, spaghetti bolognese, chili, soups of every kind, steamed potatoes and other veggies...you name it. However, we're starting to winder if we should give the version from Ninja a test run as it can also air fry.

Oooooh, that one looks exciting. I can double the number of hard boiled eggs now!

I really need to learn how to use these things, that sounds awesome!

As it's just too cold to go outside and grill and I had chicken drumsticks out to BBQ I decided to try the instant pot. I have a 3qt Ultra and found a recipe on the web to throw various spices in, mix and cook! No idea if I did it right but this is the first time I made something other than hard boiled eggs in this thing! Well, I was pleasantly surprised. Pressure cook for 10 min, let sit for 10-15 min, then add BBQ sauce and broil in the Advantium. Meat fell off the bone, it was actually very good!

Earlier today I decided to order a 6 QT Instant Pot for the RV as I intend to do more with it. After a lot of time trying to figure out which one to get I decided on the Duo Evo Plus.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07W55DDFB/?tag=rvf01-20

duo-evo-plus.png

Attachments

• snow 047.JPG
    snow 047.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 25
  • snow 055.JPG
    snow 055.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 28
  • snow 105.JPG
    snow 105.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Wow, @Neal; that looks like plenty of cooking gear to do dinner for all of us at the Polson gathering in September. What's on the menu?

TJ

Latest resources

Back