Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4326
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Ford F-150
Fulltimer
Yes
Seems like a no brainer but a TPMS integrated into the glass dash should be standard on all lines with an option to add 4-6 additional valve stem sensors for towed vehicles/trailers

Last edited:
Agreed, if cars have it and works well, so should motorhomes. The problem is, like too many RV manufacturer supplied things, it's not working well from talks with @NWIP. Sounds like Newmar's integrated TPMS is having issues and from what I recall configuration limits where the owner can't set upper and lower limits.

A Newmar is having quality issues? “This is the first time I have heard of this.”

I'm not sure who owns the TPMS whether it's Chassis or Newmar. But it is interesting to listen to what's going on with these and their problems and limits. We may be spoiled though for those of us that have TPMS like I use TST Truck. Our cars don't allow us to set these types of limits so is it really expected of a RV manufacturer to offer what 3rd party TPMS systems offer? I would hope so but I see the parallel here in their defense.

They could always just cut a deal with TST or PressurePro to build a system that wasn’t necessarily chassis integrated, but perhaps integrated into infotainment, bluetooth or *Gasp* CarPlay/AndroidAuto, PressurePro and TST are both already half way there with decent native mobile apps

I have a Spartan chassis which is a ValorTPMS system integrated into the glass dash. Yes it takes a special Valid programming unit to set the baselines. They set the baseline for my unit, 110psi for front and 85psi for the drive and tag which is the recommendation from Michelin chart based on actual weight. Baseline from Spartan factory is set somewhat higher although not sure what. High pressure indication is based on percentage of baseline pressure, I believe 15%. Inflating the rear pressures at 85-87psi (I use analog Tire Minder gauge) I constantly get high pressure warnings when ambient temps are above 70-75 on the rear tires, when TPMS reaches 100psi. It seems to be normal for pressure to increase 12-15psi rolling down the road.

Communication between wheel sensors and the unit drops constantly for short periods of time. This gives a warning and display reverts to TPMS so you are constantly having to look at dash instead of the road.?

I kind of got sidetracked on the TPMS issues, bottom line is if you can’t put a better system in DON’T BOTHER! Valor has acknowledged there are issues but hasn’t released any fixes.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back