• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Interesting data on times of day to drive and month

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I've been through Atlanta twice in the coach. Never again.

We don’t normally drive the coach at night. Prefer the daytime when it is easier to see.

The gentleman that owns the coach next to us where we are now only drives at night. Guess he likes it better with less traffic.

I prefer to drive during the day. Not when the sun is setting/rising and shining straight into a driver's eyes. Not only do I want to see others, I want others to see me. Which is a bit iffy since most drivers seem to drive "distracted".

I also prefer US highways and State highways for traveling. I dislike big cities. I blame Atlanta for that. Far too many years of traveling thru Atlanta at night while I-75 was being built. I remember the year we drove thru Atlanta and "Spaghetti Junction" was completed. Not a single traffic barrel in sight. It was amazing. Several years ago I started using the old US-441 route that my parents used to drive before I-75 was completed. It routes me thru Athens on the east side of Atlanta. This works well for me because I tend to go to SW NC. For going to Chattanooga TN, I used to run US-27 thru Rome on the west side of Atlanta. This was when I was spending time in S GA. I make far better time and am less stressed if I avoid Atlanta. I really have no need to go there.

I am another one that doesn't drive the coach at night for two reasons. The eyes aren't 👀 as good, and you collect a lot more bugs on the front.

Latest resources

Back