Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
It’s not rv specific data but nevertheless something to think about as you plan your travel.
source: RV Travel Newsletter

IMG_0167.jpeg

IMG_0168.jpeg

Not sure if it's out of date now but I heard in general that the fewest crashes occur on Thursday mornings and the most on Friday afternoons.

I didn't see the "No Good Time" color, which would apply to Atlanta, GA.
I was thinking the same thing for all of Florida 😄

Atlanta on Sunday between 8 am and 11 am have been smooth sailing for us.

Out of curiosity, how many drive at night instead of daytime hours? A good friend of mine does but he used to be a long haul truck driver so he’s used to it. After I took out a deer in NC many years ago I have sworn off nighttime driving but I can see the benefit going through a major city like Atlanta or Houston when the traffic density is the lowest late at night even If there are daytime hours that are optimal as well.

I prefer morning mainly for a fatigue aspect but also I have some weird thing about racing to arrive at check-in time to get every penny out of my campground stay, or something along that line, not sure!

Out of curiosity, how many drive at night instead of daytime hours?
I used to prefer driving at night, but at 71, my nighttime depth perception isn't what it used to be. So, I try not to put myself in a position that requires it.

I prefer morning mainly for a fatigue aspect but also I have some weird thing about racing to arrive at check-in time to get every penny out of my campground stay, or something along that line, not sure!
My wife's parents will get to the campground just after check out time and talk their way in. 🤣

Since the park staff don't do anything to prep or clean the sites between check out and check in, there's really no need to have 3 hours between the two.

My preference is not to drive at night, or into the sun! Or have the sun behind me!

Don’t drive at night in MH. Always drive at night in cars.

Latest resources

Back