• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Intro from a marine

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Welcome aboard @USMCCPL, great to have you with us. Former A-10 pilot here, now a motorhome driver, not sure which I'm more dangerous in :)
Oh, he's a lot more dangerous as a motorhome driver! Keep your credit card locked up, @Neal is very good at spending our money here on RVF. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Lol you guys are very welcoming... seems to be a great forum so far. I have owned and borrowed tow behinds and have driven many motorhomes for people. Never owned a motorhome before. I have the basics down. When I was younger and not as wise I could do everything myself and never needed help, well ok that is not the truth I never accepted help, now that I am a little wiser it is much easier to ask those that have the knowledge.
All I can say is I not understand this thing right now there has to be a disconnect switch somewhere.

Well while I am at it. When driving this old girl home I noticed she has alot of play in the steering. Any of you all have experience with 94 chevy p30 chassis front steering and suspension?

Not a ‘94 but a ‘92 P30 chassis, we had a PaceArrow. I think it is somewhat inherent in the chassis but can be improved. First I would have someone move the steering wheel while looking underneath at the arm attached to steering box, noting how much steering wheel movement there is. If there is a lot of movement steering box could need replaced or rebuilt.

Additional step is steering stabilizer could be original and need replacing. I had Steer Safe installed which helped. Good luck and welcome @USMCCPL

I was looking at maybe doing the supersteer bell crank, and bell crank arm, new sway bar from roadmaster with bushings. New coil springs, shocks, steering stabilizer, firestone air bags, and safety steer as well. Then get a alignment.
The 7.5 x 16 tires seem like they are skinny. Is there a normal replacement size for them? Would like to go g rated just as a safety stand point.

I was looking at maybe doing the supersteer bell crank, and bell crank arm, new sway bar from roadmaster with bushings. New coil springs, shocks, steering stabilizer, firestone air bags, and safety steer as well. Then get a alignment.
The 7.5 x 16 tires seem like they are skinny. Is there a normal replacement size for them? Would like to go g rated just as a safety stand point.

I never researched changing the tire size, I believe you are rather restricted unless changing wheels. Certainly with all the upgrades you listed it should be improved. I would do in increments and test so as not to spend money unnecessarily.

Can't take the money with me when I am gone so may as well spend it as I make while I am still here... lol

Latest resources

Back