• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Inverter fuse size; 300A vs 350A

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I have a possible taker for mine. If he doesn't need it, I will make it available here.

TJ

Being a person who has had this fuse to blow. Understand nothing works in the coach. Even starting the generator does nothing for 120volt items as the inverter must have 12 volts to work. I had the coach for 1 month and was boom docking at a race when it blew. After 10 hours trying different suggestion from Newmar we finally figured out the fuse was blown thanks to the help from the inverter tech in California. She ask a simple question, what is the voltage at the inverter? "0" was the answer and she immediately said blown main fuse. Those fuses are hard to find any day of the week and really hard to find at 9 PM. My fuse blew due to loose bolts on the studs. Who didn't tighten the bolts who knows but it generated enough heat to start melting the mounting block before it blew. Had to install a temporary jumper for the night before finding a much smaller fuse to get power back. Newmar did find a mobile tech to come out and look. He had never seen a fuse that big. The best he could supply was a 175 amp fuse which we use for another 6 days. A new fuse and block was waiting at home when we returned. Just make sure your stud bolts are tight and it may never blow.

stang37
2016 Newmar Ventana
2020 Gladiator

Thanks for that insight, @stang37; good information to have. And, you are correct; those big fuses are not always readily available. Thus, the reason for carrying a spare or two. Thanks for possibly saving someone else from finding out the hard way.

TJ

You all scarred me into purchasing a spare ? Thanks

Just ordered mine. I think, (hope) I have spares for most systems.

Mine is on it’s way too. I was thinking though...this fuse should rarely fail and I would be concerned if it did.

If we are all ordering from Digi-Key, the inventory control folks there must be wondering what the heck is going on. They probably haven't sold two a month until this past week. :oops:

I guess people have been stocking up on toilet paper for the coronavirus thing; why not 350A fuses? :ROFLMAO:

TJ

Last edited:
There were 80+ when I ordered, now there are nearly half that left in inventory.

Latest resources

Back