• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Resolved Inverter issue

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I like your plan better. Tomorrow, I'll check things again going down the road. My biggest concern is the fridge having no power while traveling. That is what started me looking earlier.
But, our average travel time is 3 hours. Things will stay cold that long.
Plan on spending a couple weeks in Wisconsin and more time to look at things closer.
Thanks to all that had input.

It sounds like your inverter got turned off by accident. Check magnum inverter panel to ensure the inverter light is green, check half bath to make sure all breakers are on. You can try turning off shore power and see if you have power to the fridge. If not and the above are checked next thing is to make sure your inverter breaker on the inverter doesn't need to be reset. Don't spill your drink while in the basement. Hopefully it's working now and you can relax.

BIM...the mfg website should gave a troubleshooting guide. If I recall...they have you turn the headlights on while your coach is plugged in and charging. At some point there should be an audible click of the relay closing. Or you can see the HOUSE and CHASSIS voltages align on the digi panel if you have that type of panel.

I usually see both voltages align at 13.3 +/- vdc every morning when my solar panels are charging. If the BIM weren't working ...the chassis wouldn't be above 12.8v...

I actually cheat more than that. With the Victron BMV-712 or their other battery monitor, you can hook the chassis in too as a second data point. If you have a GX device record parameters...you can see blips on the graph each time the BIM is tied. Here the red lines are the House...and Green lines are the Chassis. Each time the green line jumped to the red...the BIM has activated. So, this saves me any further effort to determine the operating status of the BIM.
Screenshot_20231001_170725_VRM.jpg

Breakers in half bath are good.
This looks good to me. Hopefully the inverter got turned off accidentally.

Attachments

• 20231001_161246.jpg
    20231001_161246.jpg
    493.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 20231001_161234.jpg
    20231001_161234.jpg
    927.4 KB · Views: 1
Breakers in half bath are good.
This looks good to me. Hopefully the inverter got turned off accidentally.
Yes...that's the digi-panel method.

Chuggs, the only solar I have is the small chassis batteries charger.
I'm hoping all will be good tomorrow.

Chuggs, the only solar I have is the small chassis batteries charger.
I'm hoping all will be good tomorrow.
Yes...that one is probably lying a whole 10watts. So like .6 Amp. I put it in the decoration category. Your BIM is really doing the job more than that solar panel.

Chuggs.
I think you are right but I do clean the panel when I'm on the roof. Doesn't hurt.

Chuggs.
I think you are right but I do clean the panel when I'm on the roof. Doesn't hurt.
True. Also check the little in-line fuse holder near the chassis batteries. It has a fuse, which you will have no idea if it is blown or not. I found mine blown...so the PANEL was truly decoration.

I've saw the fuse holder when I replaced the chassis batteries. Guess I'll open it and look. :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back