Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Is this the beginning of the pullback?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
My supplier had a price raise of 6% in June. Just got the new price list for Jan 1/22, with 10-13% raise on top of the last one.
Have hard time explaining all that to customers ?
Our steel truck bodies have gone up 40-45% over the past year. The trucks have also gone up a tremendous amount. I'm still sold out of everything I have on order. Can't get enough of anything because it's all sold. It's been amazing.

I have a friend in the auto business. He is the general manager of a ford dealership. On new vehicles the price is way over retail. All due to shortage to a chip. His inventory is mostly sold before it arrives. Especially so on trucks F-250 and up. He doesn't see any change tell the 3 quarter of 2022. Everything just seems to have gone up over night. Skipper
He ain't lying. It's the same thing I'm seeing with the dealers I sell to.

I know we will all be glad when it gets back to normal what ever that is. I bought a new 2020 as they were fading out for the 2021's. So I'm ok but there are a lot of people needing a truck and the prices are so high it is hard on a lot of people.

I was at a dealer getting warranty work done. Selection was thin and they had taken a magic marker and added $2500 to all prices.

I was at a dealer getting warranty work done. Selection was thin and they had taken a magic marker and added $2500 to all prices.
Yep and some places get more on certain vehicles. Supplies are very limited and the increase is to make up the difference IMHO

Ambitious good mechanics should get a lot more work as those of us with older trucks try to keep them going.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back