Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Is this the beginning of the pullback?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

sheridany

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Prevost
RV Model
Marathon #1361
RV Length
Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
Or is it an indication of inventory shortage?

Sales go up and sales go down. There is always some sort of cycle, just like all markets.

I'm just working on my 2nd cup of coffee so as I read it I sorta dosed off. I need to finish my coffee and then I'll finish reading our travel trailer for our next outing in a week. But at first glance I would think it would be a decline in interested buyers. Skipper.

Inventory shortage due to supply chain shortages. You can't build them if you can't get the materials. I am having an extremely hard time getting the truck bodies I sell because of the same reason. Yet everything I have is pre-sold before I get it. The demand is still there. But the manufacturers can't keep up due to material shortages and lack of employees willing to work. I just had the biggest sales month I've ever had in the 8 years I've been with this company. The market is still very strong. If the numbers went down it wasn't due to lack of demand.

Quite a few Rite Aid pharmacies were closed yesterday, Saturday, in Southern OR and northern coast of CA. Labor shortage within the Rx depts.

My supplier had a price raise of 6% in June. Just got the new price list for Jan 1/22, with 10-13% raise on top of the last one.
Have hard time explaining all that to customers ?

I have a friend in the auto business. He is the general manager of a ford dealership. On new vehicles the price is way over retail. All due to shortage to a chip. His inventory is mostly sold before it arrives. Especially so on trucks F-250 and up. He doesn't see any change tell the 3 quarter of 2022. Everything just seems to have gone up over night. Skipper

Latest resources

Back