• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Resolved ITR OASIS Zone 2 Fault - Furnace

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I received two pumps from ITR after I wrote this when they got them in stock again. Today I finally got to the task of replacing it which was pretty straight forward but of course not fun especially as I added a shelf in that bay so I had to wedge my non petite self in there to do the work. Kind of hard to get the hoses off but in the end I did it.

Sadly, replacing the heat loop 2 pump (upper right from the pump side view) did not resolve the issue. I can hear the summer loop pump, I probably should replace it if I have to go back in there as it's the buzz I'm hearing inside the coach so I could probably clear that annoyance someday. Anyways, I still have a zone fault and heat loop 2 light.
  • I pulled all fuses from the distribution panel - all check good
  • I cycled 12V power on the coach and also the 2 x 120V lines to OASIS - no change
  • I put a voltmeter on the leads going to the zone 2 pump and I'm not showing any voltage
  • Disconnect reconnect the connectors (again) from the distribution panel
  • Tried putting a new pump on the summer loop leads even while not connected to hoses, no change, nor do I think it ran as I probably needed to demand hot water
  • Hot water works fine.
  • Zone 1 furnace works fine.
  • Both the master bedroom and master bathroom furnaces are running so no issues with something not running there that may cause a fault.
Any ideas as to what the problem may be? Who is going to be the RVF Problem Solver of the month for September???

When you ordered the pumps from ITR did you discuss your zone problem with them? Sounds like a control board issue. However I’m certainly no expert as all I have done is replace the summer loop pump. Wish I could be more help.

That's my guess as well. Bummer to have pulled a good pump. Will call them Tuesday.

I'm happy to report this is now resolved. I called ITR HEAT (OASIS) today, and as always their customer service is outstanding. I know they must hate customers like me calling but they are always helpful and provide good direction. I explained the situation so he immediately said fuse but I pulled and inspected all. Then we talked zone board and I considered ordering one but I asked "what would you do" as I really just wanted to get a zone board on the way, he said he'd check the fuse and also test the fuse socket first. So I did, back 30 minutes to the RV storage to do the test so I could get back and get whatever I needed ordered before I depart on the 15th for the next trip. He said it was the top left fuse. I thought heat loop 2 was bottom left or second from bottom left. Regardless, I pulled them all but sure enough the top left fuse was blown. I replaced it and everything is now green! Shyeeeuh!

I think I got the bad fuse location from a google search and another post somewhere else. I looked at the manuals I have this morning (also in the Resource area of this site) to try to find the fuse layout. I can't find it. I looked on the ITR-HEAT.com web site, still not finding it. I may be skipping over it as this "Monday" (even if it's Tuesday) has been a hectic one. The manuals also say 5A fuse when in fact it's a 10A fuse so maybe the manuals are obsolete. I don't know.

If anyone has the correct fuse layout for reference of the next victim, please post it. By the way the zone board from ITR-HEAT is half the price from what's on Newmar's (newpar) site. No surprise there.

Anyways, this saga is finally closed for me. I may or may not dive in and change the summer loop pump as it is the noisy one but also I couldn't get the hose on the new zone 2 pump all the way (1/4 inch gap) which is on my mind so I probably need to get back into the box to rest my mind on that at least.

…I couldn't get the hose on the new zone 2 pump all the way (1/4 inch gap)…
When I put a new hose on just about any fitting, I use a light coating of lubricant on the fitting to help the initial push on go all the way onto the fitting. I use a food-grade lubricant on everything as it saves having to have more than one kind on hand. This is the one I use…

…but there are any number of suitable food-grade lubricants out there.

TJ

I'm happy to report this is now resolved. I called ITR HEAT (OASIS) today, and as always their customer service is outstanding. I know they must hate customers like me calling but they are always helpful and provide good direction. I explained the situation so he immediately said fuse but I pulled and inspected all. Then we talked zone board and I considered ordering one but I asked "what would you do" as I really just wanted to get a zone board on the way, he said he'd check the fuse and also test the fuse socket first. So I did, back 30 minutes to the RV storage to do the test so I could get back and get whatever I needed ordered before I depart on the 15th for the next trip. He said it was the top left fuse. I thought heat loop 2 was bottom left or second from bottom left. Regardless, I pulled them all but sure enough the top left fuse was blown. I replaced it and everything is now green! Shyeeeuh!

I think I got the bad fuse location from a google search and another post somewhere else. I looked at the manuals I have this morning (also in the Resource area of this site) to try to find the fuse layout. I can't find it. I looked on the ITR-HEAT.com web site, still not finding it. I may be skipping over it as this "Monday" (even if it's Tuesday) has been a hectic one. The manuals also say 5A fuse when in fact it's a 10A fuse so maybe the manuals are obsolete. I don't know.

If anyone has the correct fuse layout for reference of the next victim, please post it. By the way the zone board from ITR-HEAT is half the price from what's on Newmar's (newpar) site. No surprise there.

Anyways, this saga is finally closed for me. I may or may not dive in and change the summer loop pump as it is the noisy one but also I couldn't get the hose on the new zone 2 pump all the way (1/4 inch gap) which is on my mind so I probably need to get back into the box to rest my mind on that at least.
Glad you got it fixed. Hope you closed the loop with the guy you talked to.

Posted a presentation by ITR for a Hoots rally. Page 10 identifies fuses.

Thanks for sharing. Hard to read but if you zoom in you can see the labels on the zone panel. FYI they changed the bottom left fuses from 5A to 10A.

Latest resources

Back