• Commercial/Vendors welcome

It's up to us

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I'm not familiar with "dispersed campsites". Are these free to the public? Or do you have to pay for them? If you have to pay, then I don't see the problem with someone paying for the whole season and only going to stay as they have time. If it's a free campsite then they need to be towed.
Most are free, with 14 day limits. Found on blm lands and national forest. Numerous locations in the west, and often some of the best camping locations to be had.

We find campers setup and left vacant during the week, and then occupied on weekends. Most will move locations, trading with their partners to remain "compliant", but the rules have changed for most blm lands that it's 14 days in the last 60, and you have to leave the area. Enforcement is tricky without photo evidence. My dashcam does a great job of collecting evidence.

OK. We don't have anything like that, that I know of East of the Mississippi. All State and Federal campgrounds charge per night.

Last edited:
OK. We don't have nothing like that that I know of East of the Mississippi. All State and Federal campgrounds charge per night.
That would solve the problem here. There is so much land though, collecting money would be a challenge. The honor system obviously wouldn't work as you can't trust people to obey the rules as they are.

I think probably 75-80% of the people would pay on an honor system. Especially if you went in and towed a few campers away every now and then. :ROFLMAO: But you're right. There are always those few that think the rules don't apply to them.

Latest resources

Back