• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Jack pads

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
They installed as advertised, no issues at all. I do have a conflict where the snap pads do make contact with the chassis which I wasn't expecting, I thought they would clear everything per snappads but that's not the case. Fortunately it hasn't been an issue. They seem to work well, I'm on the fence as to whether I'd do it again. I do still carry jack pads with me which I never use now. I'm undecided for a future coach if these would be done.

Neal,

When we stayed at Hilton Head, they required Jack Pads if using levelers. Since we don’t have air leveling... I thought —- maybe I should get a set of Snap Pads. It would be one less thing to have to do during setup, when you don’t actually need them to help with terrain levelness...but do need them to meet the resorts requirements.

So, I didn’t do a good job researching this...as usual. I get them, and it’s apparent that the rears will not have clearance on the tag axle suspension arms.

I know there may be a difference between our HWH and the Equalizers...but is this where your interference is as well? I don’t mind if it just wedges and keeps the Jack from 100% retraction..l.but I would hate to be bouncing down the road and scrub them off on the highway. Not fond of the liability or the loss of a $79 ea. piece of rubber While driving.

I also don’t want it to register as not fully retracted by the system and give me a warning horn forever.

Thanks...

Charlie

Charlie, my front jacks have the obstruction IIRC, not back, but I'll have to check again and will report back next time I'm at the coach. Even with the obstruction (contact) it has not prevented the full retraction of the jack(s). I think I could rotate mine and get the clearance, but obviously they could move. So far it's been fine but even at my last location on gravel the jack with snap pad sunk below ground level. If at a place like FMCA where they request jack pads I'd probably still pull out the road warriors and put under the snap pads, not sure, but wouldn't hurt.

I have them on my Bay Star. I installed them by myself. No problems, no contact with any other part of RV.

No issues with mine on my Holiday Rambler Ambassador. I have 2 jacks in the read and one in the center in the front of mine. No clearance issues at all.

Since I’m not in a condition physically to crawl under the coach and measure the size of the leveling pads:
Does anyone know what size Snap Pads l need for my 2015 DS?
I read that some coaches with our leveling system have mixed size pads?

You really should have your existing pads measured to be safe. Maybe someone else can do it?

More important...as I found out...clearances.

The 2016 Ventana has HWH leveling system...and 2017 they switched to Equalizer. So, there are two different sets right there...and yes, the front pads are a smaller diameter than the rear, as you might suspect by the weight distribution.

I ordered the Pads...even measured my jack pads while down. When I received them...it was then that I noticed how many things infringe on the pad when retracted. A support channel, and the suspension arms for the passive steer tag axle made it impossible to expect the pads to clear. I was afraid if they retracted against these items...I could potentially loose a snap pad...or if the jacks couldn’t retract fully...I would have a nuisance warning of jacks not in travel mode.

The idea is great...but the execution has to be on a case-by-case basis...ensuring the size and clearances for each individual Jack.

I sent the package back to etrailer....I’m out the cost of shipping for my mistake.

Here’s a link to the HWH set typical for Newmar... note: Not for Equalizer jacks...

Some folks have been able to modify the pads to fit...but I didn’t think I would have enough material left to keep the pad structurally sound.

Last edited:
That’s what I read about my leveling system:

SnapPad HiWay​

Made to fit on HWH® levelers, the SnapPad HiWay product line is one of our most varied.

“HWH® jacks commonly come in three different sizes - 8", 10", and 11.5" - and the different sized feet are often mixed together in different configurations. That means SnapPad HiWays are available in 6 different packages!”

Looks like diving under the coach is in my future? ?

That’s what I read about my leveling system:

SnapPad HiWay​

Made to fit on HWH® levelers, the SnapPad HiWay product line is one of our most varied.

“HWH® jacks commonly come in three different sizes - 8", 10", and 11.5" - and the different sized feet are often mixed together in different configurations. That means SnapPad HiWays are available in 6 different packages!”

Looks like diving under the coach is in my future? ?
There might be a paper in one of your wardrobes with Part Numbers for your Leveling Jacks. You can probably tell from this the size...but it doesn’t clarify the potential for clearance issues.

I have them on my Bay Star. I installed them by myself. No problems, no contact with any other part of RV.
Update: I have noticed significant wear on thre front ogf the right front pad. I don't see how the tire could reach it, but my concern and the advice from snap pad was to remove the front pad for safety sake. hey are currently designing another pad which may work better in this application (i.e. on the BayStar). I r4moved the front two pads and left the rear ones on.

Latest resources

Back