• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Jacks won't come up

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Here's a trick I have used successfully to keep the parked snowplow blade skid pads from sticking to the frozen ground. I put some folded plastic grocery bags on the ground under the pads (similar in concept to motorhome jack pads) before I lower them. The pads generally won't stick to the plastic, but if they should, the multiple layers of thin plastic will separate and, if necessary, can easily be torn away.

TJ
Yep, we live and we learn. Last year it was making sure I brought in the slides before it rained/snowed so that it didn't turn into a sheet of razor sharp ice. This year, it's bringing up the pads the night before we plan to leave. Thing that really pi**ed me off this morning was that a few days earlier, I DID bring up the jacks. But it started to rain and the coach was a an angle, which let the water slide across the slideout and into the coach. So I brought then down and pushed the coach up to an angle that the water ran off like it should. And I didn't bring them up the next night.

So anyhow, it's time for a beer.

We had planned to leave at 8:00am EST, but didn't get on the road until 10:30. That got us in Pensacola 9 hours later and had to back into an unknown slip in the dark. Tired, tensions running high, grrr.... But hell, we're here now and I've got most everything setup and functional. Tomorrow I"ll go out and make it all look neat and organized.
Where are you staying in Pensecola? Have you been there before? Would you recommend it? Hope you have a good trip!

Where are you staying in Pensecola? Have you been there before? Would you recommend it? Hope you have a good trip!
This is my 2nd visit to Pensacola RV Park on Wilde Lake Blvd. And yes, it's a nice park. There is a bath house but it's closed because of Covid. The laundry is open though. Full hookups, free WiFi and cable with lots of pull-thrus for $250.00 a week.

This is my 2nd visit to Pensacola RV Park on Wilde Lake Blvd. And yes, it's a nice park. There is a bath house but it's closed because of Covid. The laundry is open though. Full hookups, free WiFi and cable with lots of pull-thrus for $250.00 a week.
$250 a week? Sounds great. Is it warm? I think I might want to go farther South so it would be warmer.............. :rolleyes: But I'm ready for a road trip!

$250 a week? Sounds great. Is it warm? I think I might want to go farther South so it would be warmer.............. :rolleyes: But I'm ready for a road trip!
For me, the temp is perfect. Cool in the early AM, warm during the day and then cool again in the evening. Perfect!

Latest resources

Back