RV Make
Dutchman
RV Model
Astoria
RV Length
Fulltimer
No
Hi Everyone!

Forgive me if this has been asked but I am new to this forum. We have 2021 Astoria 2993RLF and it came with the Jensen JWM22 model radio and a ROKU TV. Is there a way to hook the TV sound through the Jensen radio so it comes out over the overhead speakers versus the TV speakers? When our AC is running, the TV speakers have to be up about MAX sound to hear. Appreciate any help or tips you have!

Sandy

It may be connected. There should be different zones and source on the Jensen, just find the correct zone. The last two we owned were connected, they were not Dutchman. Welcome to the group.

If you can't connect the TV's audio out to the radio, perhaps adding a sound bar to the TV may help, you'll at least benefit by a better sound experience all around.

Can they possibly be paired via Bluetooth?

I don't have a Jensen Radio, but I did this to my Travel Trailer's radio by using the auxiliary input and a splitter. The main issue is getting audio output from the TV to your radio. Below is what I have used to get my sound through my radio speakers in the ceiling for the same reason as you stated (A/C too loud) but note this will only play your ROKU sound through the stereo - see the second way you could do it so that your TV and ROKU all go through your stereo speakers which is the way I have mine currently. However this first way is how I have it setup in my living room so my ROKU goes through my Surround Sound System. (same principal).

converter 1.JPG

This is how I did it.

First, you plug in your ROKU to the input side of the device above (the HDMI cable).

Second, you plug in an HDMI cabel into the output side of the device above and run it to your TV.

Third, my trailer already had RCA Jacks (Red and White cable ends) hanging out the wall for me to run audio between the TV and stereo (it came prewired like that from the factory). So I simply plugged my red and white (right and left) audio jacks into the device seen above which is on the output side which then ran to my stereo.

Fourth, I had to pull my stereo out and change the RCA jacks to the input side of my stereo (the auxilary input RCA jacks on the back of my radio), because the dealer had them installed as an output from the stereo ( I am guessing the dealer was thinking I might want to run audio from my stereo to my TV? Seems really wierd they wired it that way, but that's how they had it connected).

5th, we plugged in the power and listened to the audio now through the Stereo when it is set on auxiliary 2...

Note - this is the way I setup my Travel Trailer Below:

This is a second way to do it and I think the best way, if you want to hear the regular TV and ROKU through the Stereo you need to use a different adapater as seen below. I like this one better as well because it has a volume knob on the converter too.

converter.JPG

First, most TV's (including my own) have a Optical Audio Output on the back of it (note many TV's that I have seen don't have an RCA cable type audio output unfortunately, but the majority do have the Optical Audio Output, which is one type of input needed for this converter to work - see pics), so all you have to do is plug in your Optical Audio Output cable into your TV and then into the converter box above on the input side. Also plug in your USB cable from the converter box to the back of your TV to power it up (note if your TV doesn't have a USB then buy a cube that you will need to plug into an outlet to power the converter).
a2.JPG
a4.JPG

Second, plug in your two RCA jacks (Red for right and white for Left) which then go to your stereo's audio input RCA's on the back of the radio. These RCA jacks you see were hanging out the wall where the TV mounts, they came standard in the trailer so I didn't need to run them to the radio since they were already there.
a3.JPG
a5.JPG

Third, just flip the switch to optical on the converter and you should have sound through your radio's auxilary channel providing your RCA jacks are plugged in the back of the radio correctly. I say this because I had to switch my RCA Jacks over to the input side of the radio for auxiliary (see pictures below).
a6.JPG

a10.JPG
a9.JPG

This is how I have mine setup now and it sounds Great!

When your done just use some zipties to strap the converter to the back of the TV with its volume knob outward so you can adjust it if needed (be sure it is set all the way up + in the beginning so you are getting sound to your radio, then adjust if necessary).
a8.JPG

I hope this helps and enjoy your sound!

A-Texan

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back