• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Joining Club (fail) FLEXSTEEL

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I think this is wear and tear as the area my driver's seat is peeling is the seam on the right 1/4 of the top. It's definitely from sliding in/out of the seat. All other furniture is fine as also it's low use as I'm either in my dining chair or office chair most of the time. I have noticed the upholstery on the couch is not as tensioned as when new, i.e. it's more loose and flex'd and concerning.

This will be timed well as next Sept will be four years in and where I need to make a decision if I'm going to sell it or keep it for the long haul. If fulltiming continues to percolate up my priorities then a 43/45er is probably my next step. I love love love this coach and floor plan so today's decision is never sell it, get to the point where I'm declined in CG's for coach age :)

My FPU was 5 JUNE 2017

Their fix, as I learned during my service center visit is that they hired one of the Upholsterers that was laid off from Flexsteel and she is recovering everything.

talk about job security...

I think this is wear and tear as the area my driver's seat is peeling is the seam on the right 1/4 of the top. It's definitely from sliding in/out of the seat. All other furniture is fine as also it's low use as I'm either in my dining chair or office chair most of the time. I have noticed the upholstery on the couch is not as tensioned as when new, i.e. it's more loose and flex'd and concerning.

This will be timed well as next Sept will be four years in and where I need to make a decision if I'm going to sell it or keep it for the long haul. If fulltiming continues to percolate up my priorities then a 43/45er is probably my next step. I love love love this coach and floor plan so today's decision is never sell it, get to the point where I'm declined in CG's for coach age :)

My FPU was 5 JUNE 2017
If your coach is over10 years old, they just ask you to send a photo to make sure it is in good condition. We keep ours too for a longer time. The bugs get worked out, and you know what you are dealing with. The first year of a new coach is always a trying experience. Judy D

Mine is 3 months old and the corner of the couch arm has started. Sent pic to Newmar. They apologized and said they would reupholster. They said to contact them in several months and they will have a resolution.
In 3 months, it’s already wearing off???? This is insane - It makes me seriously doubt the integrity of Newmar’s construction in areas we can’t see. Where else are they trying to cut corners?

In 3 months, it’s already wearing off???? This is insane - It makes me seriously doubt the integrity of Newmar’s construction in areas we can’t see. Where else are they trying to cut corners?
It might be premature to point the finger at Newmar. They're just another victim of the substandard crap that migrates over from China. I don't think they wanted this to happen, after all, it costs them to repair it and the black spot on their products isn't enviable either.

Has anyone researched a professional recovering with high quality leather? I know I will join this club some day, and with the thought that we will not be trading any time soon (translate=ever). What would it cost to have really, really nice leather?

Has anyone researched a professional recovering with high quality leather? I know I will join this club some day, and with the thought that we will not be trading any time soon (translate=ever). What would it cost to have really, really nice leather?
Check your local furniture repair shops. The furniture on MH’s tend to break down to smaller units to get through the door. Taking ours out was not to bad. We chose the replace ours with furniture from a local furniture store. The captains chairs we reupholstered ourselves.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back