Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Paperhanger1952

RVF Newbee
I have a 2002 Forrest River Rockwood I had to replace the 7 pin slotted cable from trailer does anyone know or have photos of junction box under front were the wiring is connected I cannot get the right turn signal to work not sure if I have a wire wrong
Thanks

Use an ohm meter to ring out the wiring. Should look like this. Wire colors may vary due to different manufacturers of cables.

7-Way-RV-Style-Trailer-Plug-Wiring-Diagram-2.png

Generally, the right turn signal should be either a green or maybe a white with green tracer. I have had to pull the pigtail out and stretch the spring a little or crimp the socket on more than one light to tighten it up for the light to work. If you pull the pigtail, clean the connections for the bulb too.

Generally, the right turn signal should be either a green or maybe a white with green tracer. I have had to pull the pigtail out and stretch the spring a little or crimp the socket on more than one light to tighten it up for the light to work. If you pull the pigtail, clean the connections for the bulb too.
Regarding the female part of the connector, when the trailer is not connected to the tow vehicle, be sure the connector is positioned with the openings pointed down to prevent water accumulation. It will still likely host a few bugs and spiders, but those can be easily removed with compressed air. Even a can of compressed air used to clean the computer keyboard works. I really don't advocate putting any chemicals, contact cleaner, or such in the connector.

Latest resources

Back