Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
We have found that trying to unlock the entrance door to the DutchStar using the electronic keypad can be challenging.
Enter the code and hold the top button for 5 sec sometimes works and other times it doesn’t.
Any thoughts on proper operation of this locking bar?
As an aside, the driver at the storage facility we use struggles mightily with this door, he cycles the locks Locked/Unlocked trying to get the door open. I think this process somehow popped a basement door open causing damage when the RV was backed out of the garage. He was unaware that the door had opened.

IMG_1326.jpeg

I used the key fob for many months because I bought mine used and didn't get around to digging out the codes the previous owner game me (and we weren't traveling much) and it worked. Once I found the codes, I have used that keypad and mine has worked. I think I hold down for 3 seconds but it's in the neighborhood of what you do. If your porter struggles, maybe give him the key fob to use.

Here's what I have for the keypad and it does look like you can unlock the baggage doors but don't see how they would open.

1711729823703.png

My coach is a bit older, so they may have updated capabilities on yours.

Actually I gave the storage facility both main door and baggage door physical keys. This way there should not be an issue.🙂

You can try power cycling the trimark controller which is typically behind the dash, a white box. Lift the cover behind the dash gauges to access. Yours may be defective and should be on your warranty list.

Yes, they changed how this works in newer coaches vs. my 2017. 1, 2, and 4 work on my keypad, I think they removed option 4 in newer coaches which unlock door and baggage compartments? Or maybe it was option 2?

I enter the 5 digit code then hold the # 1 button 5 sec to lock the door, when i unlock it enter the 5 digits ,then only push the # 1 and not hold to unlock

2 locks and unlocks my compartment doors

I just remembered that my entry door wouldn't look with keypad but my compartments did. I cleaned the brass sensors on the door frame for better contact and that solved the problem.

We have this entry system on a 2014
The only time a button is held for a few seconds is when locking, and the 5 digit code does NOT need to be entered first.
Only when unlocking do I need to enter the 5 digit code followed by the 1/2 to unlock the door, OR followed by 3/4 to unlock the door and compartments.
Not sure if the functionality has changed since.

The only time a button is held for a few seconds is when locking, and the 5 digit code does NOT need to be entered first.
Only when unlocking do I need to enter the 5 digit code followed by the 1/2 to unlock the door, OR followed by 3/4 to unlock the door and compartments.
Same with my 2023, code not needed to lock door and compartments

This is how ours works also

Latest resources

Back