• Commercial/Vendors welcome

KOA and electric tow vehicle charging.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I will forgive you since I think you are Canadian......our fine leaders in the US gov. at this time are on a spending spree and you get the benefit. They are installing chargers everywhere to eliminate excuses about charging. At my expense, you are welcome. But lets see what happens shall we? Summer is coming and so are rolling blackouts.

I will forgive you since I think you are Canadian......our fine leaders in the US gov. at this time are on a spending spree and you get the benefit. They are installing chargers everywhere to eliminate excuses about charging. At my expense, you are welcome. But lets see what happens shall we? Summer is coming and so are rolling blackouts.
:). Thanks. I’m not up on all that although from what I hear the US program is for L3 DC fast chargers. These are cheapie L2 chargers. I doubt the US govt would fund something like these L2 machines in a private campground.

Cheers.

I park my Wrangler 4XE behind the DS and run the 110 charger up into the engine bay to utilize the Block Heater outlet.

I park my Wrangler 4XE behind the DS and run the 110 charger up into the engine bay to utilize the Block Heater outlet.
That’ll work. Those seem like a pretty nice little hybrid.

The bigger batteries in a BEV need a little more current for an overnight charge. These L2 units make for a nice convenient option for the EV RV crowd.

Spin Around Brand New GIF by Devil's Garage

[Warning] - don't go there and keep it friendly [Warning]​

I’m still waiting for Tesla to configure their software so that the vehicle will charge itself while towing, much like it does while braking. Now that would make a great TOAD!

I’m still waiting for Tesla to configure their software so that the vehicle will charge itself while towing, much like it does while braking. Now that would make a great TOAD!
That’s not the problem. They do that. The problem is simulating someone in the seat while it’s being towed. As soon as your butt leaves the seat it goes into park and shuts off. 😊

Last edited:
As soon as your butt leaves the seat it goes into park and shuts off. 😊
Again, something that software should be able to solve.

Latest resources

Back