Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
Owning an RV is a great lifestyle and it’s a wonderful way to see the country and meet great people but it also tests your patience and learning how to roll with things as they happen. That’s been the biggest “aha” for me personally and staying calm in the moment and accepting thing you cannot change no matter what you do or how much money you try to throw at it, it is what it is. We were hooked up yesterday ready to pull out and head to Florida for the next couple of months. We always run through a set of checks on the coach and the toad. No brake lights on the toad. Ughhh. A wiring issue is the preliminary diagnosis. It’s the day before New Years and there is not a shop that can touch it until Monday. We are thankful we have an rv to stay in and food in the refrigerator we can eat while we wait it out. That’s part of the lifestyle. You can’t plan for the unexpected. Just roll with it and learn to live the lifestyle wherever you may be.

Happy New Year everyone!

We certainly get challenges in this lifestyle especially when things happen like power pedestals leap out of the concrete and attack the coach. I'm sorry to hear of your issue. To each our own but toad brake lights would not be a no-go for me. People will see the brake lights on the coach. I even drove my coach from Newmar to the place that sells Air Force 1 to have the rest of the install on that complete so I didn't even have braking on the toad yet. Not a big deal. To me at least.

Safe travels and get that Polaroid rolling in Florida. We need pics!!

We certainly get challenges in this lifestyle especially when things happen like power pedestals leap out of the concrete and attack the coach. I'm sorry to hear of your issue. To each our own but toad brake lights would not be a no-go for me. People will see the brake lights on the coach. I even drove my coach from Newmar to the place that sells Air Force 1 to have the rest of the install on that complete so I didn't even have braking on the toad yet. Not a big deal. To me at least.

Safe travels and get that Polaroid rolling in Florida. We need pics!!
Agree. I would not be concerned about driving with the toad lights out for a day or two. Standing behind our Jeep the coach lights are very visible. Not legal but not seriously unsafe for daylight driving.

When you meet my DW you will understand.

Months of peace interrupted by moments of panic!

Most of my pain comes from impacts to tight schedules. I still work, so we have a hard date on the end of each trip we need to be back at home base to support me traveling to work. Invariably some event will happen that threatens to impact that hard date arrival and drives up stress level. On our outbound legs we are less worried about the impacts.
I trained all my life to respond to emergency situations, my mantra is "Respond, don't react". DW, she goes right to the emotional place and identifies worst case scenarios. That is her super power. I just try and figure out what is going on, and what can I do about it.

When you meet my DW you will understand.
music video GIF by Tritonal

Owning an RV is a great lifestyle and it’s a wonderful way to see the country and meet great people but it also tests your patience and learning how to roll with things as they happen. That’s been the biggest “aha” for me personally and staying calm in the moment and accepting thing you cannot change no matter what you do or how much money you try to throw at it, it is what it is. We were hooked up yesterday ready to pull out and head to Florida for the next couple of months. We always run through a set of checks on the coach and the toad. No brake lights on the toad. Ughhh. A wiring issue is the preliminary diagnosis. It’s the day before New Years and there is not a shop that can touch it until Monday. We are thankful we have an rv to stay in and food in the refrigerator we can eat while we wait it out. That’s part of the lifestyle. You can’t plan for the unexpected. Just roll with it and learn to live the lifestyle wherever you may be.

Happy New Year everyone!
Very true

The saga continues. I have definitely angered some RV god somewhere and I need to make amends quick or I am never going to get on the road. Today's event was we needed to dump the tanks and the dump station is around the side. I went to put the front blinds up (have to see where you are going right) and I thought the blind was going to get hung so I reached forward to see if it was and misstepped and fell against the passenger windshield with my head. I must have a metal head and not a lot of brains inside. Please tell me how I can make amends to the RV gods and if it means never saying pineapple pizza again, I am in.

21E02F53-96A1-41A8-93EC-4A4C6AF79A89.jpeg

Oh boy. Bummer. Let's just keep how it happened between us. Get to Florida stat!!

Things come in threes @sheridany. So sorry. Be careful out there. Perhaps a pepperoni & sausage pizza will break the spell!

Latest resources

Back