RV Length
26'
Chassis
N/A
Engine
N/A
Fulltimer
No
I purchased EXCELFU LED light kit from Amazon. I already had a light strip that was connected to the exterior porch light that had failed. After installing the lights to the porch light they didnt come on. I installed the cigarette lighter portion and connected to my truck lighter, worked fine. I connected the wire connections to a 12v battery, worked fine. Checked the voltage at the outside porch light, 13.49 volts. connected again, nothing. Any suggestions?

Your switch? Reversed + & -?

No everything is connected right. It's a real head scratcher. I took the wires going to the porch light, cut and stripped them, then connected to voltmeter. It ready 13.49 volts. The porch light works. Now the wire connectors weren't long enough so I cut the existing wire for the old strip and spliced it in. I checked the voltage again, 13.49 volts. Connected the spliced wire to new connection wire., nothing. I have a couple of 12v lithium batteries so I connected the wires at the splice to the battery and all the way from the porch light splice, both worked fine (lithium battery registered 13.49 volts). Connected the porch light end back to porch light wires, nothing. This makes absolutely no sense to me. I'm going to look at it again this evening connecting it to a old battery charger and try connecting to light switch inside.

I never figured out why it wouldn't work through the porch light but I had installed underglow to a switch off of the trailer's battery. I just ran the lights to this switch and it worked perfect!!

Latest resources

Back