Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

VGrec18

RVF Newbee
Hey everyone, I need some help with my 2016 keystone cougar fifth wheel. Over the summer time an electrical line snapped and hit my camper. I didn’t realize it at the time but, it definitely had to fry something electrically. Everything that is involved with the controls “I.e awning, leveling kit, dock lights etc” only works when I use the battery of the RV. The battery only stays charged when plugged into a constant feed. I don’t know if it could be a fuse somewhere or is the converter shot? I have zero clue and don’t even know where to start.

I don't know your unit, but if things work off the battery when it is being charged you need to load test the battery. My inverter has a resettable breaker on the side. Check those two things and maybe someone with the same model will jump in and give you specifics on your coach for locations of other fuses.

I don't know your unit, but if things work off the battery when it is being charged you need to load test the battery. My inverter has a resettable breaker on the side. Check those two things and maybe someone with the same model will jump in and give you specifics on your coach for locations of other fuses.
Where is your inverter located?

I have a 40' DP. Mine is in the basement. yours is not going to be to far from the battery. It will be in a dry compartment(weathertight)

Latest resources

Back