• Commercial/Vendors welcome

MOD LED lighting with Boogey Lights on a 2017 Newmar Ventana Motorhome

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I recently had an Allegro Bus park next to me with underglow lights under the slides. I think he left them on all night. I thought they were cool. I would love to get some. If you park next to me leave the lights on. It also makes it easier to get back to my coach on the occassion that I venture out in the dark. :cool:
If we park next to you, we will hook you up. Even let you pick the color scheme:)

I installed the under glow boogie lights on my DP several years ago.. easy install and still going strong!! Love em!!

I installed the under glow boogie lights on my DP several years ago.. easy install and still going strong!! Love em!!
What did you use for power? Where did you run the power wire?

I have an compartment that has peg board setup with an outlet so controller and all else went into compartment. I drilled a hole through bottom of compartment to bring in wire off of lights. Was really easy!

This has been on my bucket list for years. I even saw Neals install when we were both at the balloon fiesta in 2019…. Someday!

We just got back from a run up to Boogey Lights for an install on our coach. Great folks to work with. We did the full under glow/ engine compartment/ wheel wells/ and replaced factory light on Pass slides.

We also had the put lights in the panty

We used two zone controllers on the under glow and slides and can get some great effects.

Sort of a community " joke" in our MC resort to light up the night; at least till bedtime. ;)

Wife is already trying to find additional places to add lighting.......
My wife love the boogy lights in the panty😁

As I reviewed the images above I forgot to mention how I secured the wires coming down the sides of the slides. Originally as Newmar uses wire loom for everything I decided to run the wires down a wire loom and then use Sikaflex 221 (like silicone) to secure it to the inside edge of the slide. It does not interfere with the slide seal. When I did the full wall slide I decided NOT to use split loom but instead just use black gorilla tape to hold the wire in place. This worked much better and it's more of a low profile setup. I have had some of the split loom come loose and used black gorilla tape over top of it. I imagine it's struggling more with the slide seals and the seals pulling on the loom.
Sika flex is awesome product!! The 3M they use for the boogy lights is impressive!! Living in fresno where the Temps reach 105 up to 115 i thought i might have a problem with the 16' strips falling off but still stuck!! Is it illegal to go down the highway with them on??

Latest resources

Back