RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutchstar 4369
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2014 Honda CRV
I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, an RV is not a car, and to expect a bunch of housing components on wheels to work like a car isn't realistic. On the other hand, I shouldn't have to fix a slew of little issues, hook up overlooked plumbing, and fix poorly or incorrectly wired electrical components either.

On a Thor forum that I frequent occasionally, many of the members are very defensive about the lack of quality in their rigs and will chastise new members who make their entrance with a list of items to complain about. They insist that given the price point of most Thor products, you should expect to do the "fine tuning" yourself. And if you decide to go the warranty route, it was your decision, so you shouldn't complain about your rig being in the shop for 2 months.

Personally, I think some of them just don't want to acknowledge the factory build quality is poor, and they need to find an excuse for the lack of quality control. I've looked at brand new Thor's (and other models as well) and in my opinion there is no justification for the misaligned basement doors and general poor interior fit/finish. These are visual defects that anyone can see, and I (the consumer) shouldn't have to bear the cost of repair.

I would like to see manufacturers responsible for a daily fee (or for the finance payments) for the time it takes the dealership to fix the first set of warranty items. Maybe that would give them the incentive to fix the problems before the coach left the assembly line. Also, my warranty shouldn't start until the coach is delivered in the kind of condition that it should have been in when I took delivery.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back