Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
The equalizer leveling system on my 2017 Newmar Ventana is terrible! I learned of the LevelMate Pro and got one which allows you to easily mount it in an overhead cabinet against the back wall, configure it and then view the level data on your smartphone. I got the original version which had issues with the battery not lasting and in v2 they added an on/off switch so you can turn it on only when needed. I learned from @CoreyinWP of a mod that you can do to the v1 system to add an on/off switch which I did.

I use this pretty much any time I'm leveling although my HWH Active Air air leveling is extremely accurate when not in excessive slope scenarios. Another nifty little gadget to have to help with OCD leveling syndrome.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FGGSWPW/?tag=rvf01-20

levelmatepro.png

We installed this on the CanyonStar. Neat tool for leveling and to check for level when dumping tanks.

For those that have this, where did you install it? Seems like on an outside wall isn't smart but seems to work. I think leveling systems on centerline of the coach would be ideal. I'm considering moving mine to the back in the bathroom under the master bath sink to get on coach centerline.

We installed ours beside the washing machines. The only caution is that the signal appears to be blocked from the driver’s seat occasionally by the residential refrigerator.
1573994239829.jpeg

I have mine in the D/S cabinet behind the seat. I called Levelmate before installation and they said it made no matter where it was located fore or aft in the coach. It is convenient having near the level panel as after I am finished fine tuning, I turn it off to save battery.

I've thought about the LevelMate Pro, but the free Measure app on my iPhone seems to work quite well. It has a level function as well as a measuring one. And, it is always conveniently at hand.

The floor between the driver and passenger seats is a good spot for me to use and I can reach it without getting out of the seat. I just lay the phone there. The display is bright and easily seen too.

Sometimes simple is good too!

TJ

I agree,,,

What is nice about the levelmate is that it directs each jack down to a quarter inch. There is no guess work nor back and forth. I

My procedure is

Cycle the jacks twice to get all air out of bags and get coach as low as possible
Let the equalizer auto level do its thing
Use the levelmate pro to get exact level
turn off the levelmat pro

For those that have this, where did you install it? Seems like on an outside wall isn't smart but seems to work. I think leveling systems on centerline of the coach would be ideal. I'm considering moving mine to the back in the bathroom under the master bath sink to get on coach centerline.
I mounted mine on the wall just behind the drivers seat where I can reach the switch to turn it on/off. It works fine at this location. However, I still tend to use this little guy most of the time. It really seems to be accurate. 6D0A8614-F9D3-4CFF-8CAC-C3D9FFDF1DE0.jpeg

Plugging this device (LevelMate Pro) AGAIN as this is an invaluable tool I don't care what type of RV or leveling system you have. This thing is amazingly accurate and the smartphone presentation makes getting perfect level every time easy! I recently had to readjust my HWH Active Air leveling sensors and this thing was invaluable. For me leveling on jacks Equalizer gets close then I take over and level with this leveling system. It installs on the back wall of my overhead cabinet, so easy to use and so accurate. If you're OCD about "LEVEL" then I recommend adding this to your RV which is super easy. Again, it is extremely accurate and of use in any and every RV - it's that good!

levelapp.pnglevelmate.png

Latest resources

Back