Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

TJ&LadyDi

RVF "Dinosaur"
Having been under "lockdown" here in Washington for more than two weeks, life has become a little boring. No...a LOT boring!

So, tonite LadyDi cooked up some of her delicious "Patio Chicken" and steamed some fresh broccoli I picked up a couple days ago on a risky scout mission to the grocery store. I opened a chilled bottle of Basque Txakoli (white wine). Dinner was great and two glasses of Txakoli has improved my outlook significantly!

Wishing all our RVF friends well and suggesting that a couple of glasses of good wine or craft beer will do wonders for your outlook! It is all-too-easy to get into a rut and just do the same things over and over.

TJ

Ok, now we need some details about this “Patio Chicken”.

Fortunately, LadyDi also had a couple of glasses of Txakoli and was willing to reveal her recipe!

Patio Chicken

In a 9x13 glass casserole dish, spread one cup uncooked long-grain rice on the bottom. Put a half dozen uncooked chicken thighs (skin side up) on the bed of rice. In a bowl, mix one can cream of chicken (or cream of mushroom if you prefer) soup with one package dry onion soup mix. Add a small can of sliced mushrooms (liquid included), a small jar of diced pimientos, 1/3 cup (or more, to taste) of diced green chilis and 2 cups water. Mix well and pour on top of chicken and rice (don't stir in). Bake (uncovered) at 350 degrees for an hour-and-a-half. Serves 4-6 people.

TJ

Sounds delicious! Thanks, Lady Di!

Ladi Di is the best! Sounds super yummy and much needed medicine.

I opened a chilled bottle of Basque Txakoli (white wine).
I assume that comes in a box? lol, just kidding of course.

Sounds like a great dinner and wonderful way to pass the evening. In NC, the weather is still a little brisk for outdoor dinning, but that doesn't stop us from sitting on the deck or starting a fire in the pit. And yes, a glass or two of wine always makes things a little more enjoyable.

I assume that comes in a box? lol, just kidding of course.
"Box? We ain't got no box. We don't need no box. I don't have to show you any stinking box!" :ROFLMAO:

Apologies to the banditos in Treasures of the Sierra Madre for usurping the quote, one of my all-time favorites.

No, @Jim...no box...just a nice, crisp white wine in a real glass bottle from Euskal Herria (the Basque Country between Spain and France). Txakoli (or Txakolina ) is hard to find in the US, but it is available online and in a few specialty wine shops. And, for non-Basques, it is pronounced cha-ko-lee or cha-ko-lee-na.

Darn, I MUST be going stir-crazy; now I'm quoting ancient movies and giving Basque language lessons! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
TJ

...just a nice, crisp white wine in a real glass bottle from Euskal Herria...
Yeah, I heard they do that when they run out of plastic lined boxes. Oh well, I bet it was good all the same. :)

I agree, it is better not to allow yourself to get into a rut while in this isolation period. Picked up a used golf cart yesterday. The DW reads a lot and will get out and ride her bicycle around the campground but now we can do a little socializing without getting too close to others.

Latest resources

Back