• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Lite Trailers and Insulation

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
OH.....that's a bit different story. A 1/2-ton will do the job, if you're not traveling 2000 miles across the country, and you don't have a ton of weight on the pin. Finding a pickup to rent, with a fifth wheel installed, might be a tough one, though.
As for your "22-year-old" pickup not getting it done.......my tow vehicle is a 2004 Ford F150, with the factory tow package, and I can pull my 5-er around pretty decently. Although, if you have frame rot, which seems so prevelant in later trucks, that wouldn't help any.
Like "The Looks" said.....it's more about ability and common sense on the part of the driver.

Good luck.....Roger

I'm not really looking to pull this thing around. I need to get it from point of sale to where I'm going to set it up. I'm going to look into renting a truck to do this. I figure it's not going to be a "pull up and back in" experience. I'll need some back and forth to get it level. I don't think I can hire that out. My 22 year old half ton pick up isn't going to get it done. It's one more consideration in buying the rig. I'm out of the 5th wheel market because I can't move one. I can hire a mover but I have the same problem. They're going to get it to the address and leave it. Again, how do I get it in place. I'm finding there are a lot more considerations than I first realized. Live and learn. Fortunately I haven't spent any money yet.
In that case, you could look at buying a park model and having it delivered.

I looked at AZ Expert's YT video on Ultra Light RV trailers, it was eye opening but at the same time not really. That a warranty claim can be denied because a trailer is being used to live in (even if it's not) when not if the floor goes soft is quite disappointing. I have no desire or need to live in one but I do want a quad bunkhouse and I'm considering a toy hauler for a more robust floor in the back (if not the whole floor?) and installing my own fold up bunks.

Latest resources

Back