• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Lithium ion batteries

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
i have had lithium over a year now. Dont have an insulted compartment and don't think I will ever need it.

Attachments

• 20190108_115115.jpg
    20190108_115115.jpg
    1,018.6 KB · Views: 58
The cost difference is my holdup. To change 8 LA's to Lifepo4 based units will cost me about 4K or more, and they will last about 10 years, so that is 400+ a year. I can replace all 8 LA with the direct replacement for 800 and change, but should do that every 5 years. So 1600 over 10 years versus 4000.00 over `10 years, sorry just aint going to spend that kind of money because, it just won't pencil out. Now if I install Solar at the house, then would go with AGM's at least. The cost structure needs to come down into the realm of possible for me. Of note, NO Lifepo4 based batteries are manufactured in this country, they all come out of china, partly due to manufacturing costs, and partly due to environmental regulations. So exactly why would you buy them from country who has publicly stated, they want to end the United States, and please don't' forget the nice present they gave the world called COVID-19.

Corey, did you make the bars that connect the battery terminals? Did you just buy copper bars, drill holes and cover with heat shrink?

Rich

that is exactly what I did.

Cool. What Is the guage/dimensions of the bars and where did you get them?

LTO levels the playing field. The only lithium battery I would consider.

McMaster-Carr

Multipurpose 110 Copper Bar with Rounded Edges, 1/8" Thick, 3/4" Wide, 3 Feet Long

McMaster-Carr is awesome. I can’t stop giving them my money no matter how hard I tried. Whoever built that website did an excellent job.

Thanks Corey. Looks very neat...which is one of the many reasons I would like to ditch my lead acid.

Thanks
Rich

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back