• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Looking for Feedback on These Travel Trailers

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Depending on your mobility I would recomend power stabilizing.
Thermo pane windows are worth the cost for cold and hot temps.
Definite yes on slide Topper It protects the roof of the slide and gives some measure of protection from the sun.
As far as the extra solar no if your not going to be boondocks g.
In this market negotiating price is hard but you should always try.
Happy camping.

As I look at the Rockwood Mini-Lite 2205S, I see that it is available with a number of options. I would guess that these options would apply to just about any trailer we are looking at. Perhaps you all could comment on the choices?

1. Gas-electric or 12V electric-only refrigerator? We won’t be doing any boondocking, so the availability of electricity shouldn’t be an issue. Also, my truck doubles as a 7.2kW generator.

2. Manual or power stabilization jacks?

3. Thermopane windows ($653 option) or regular windows? I don’t expect to be out in freezing cold weather. Under what conditions would the thermopane window justify their cost?

4. The 2205S comes with one 190W rooftop solar panel and a 1kW inverter. Is the second rooftop panel worth the cost ($450)?

5. Small slide topper (&290) - yes or no?

Also, the total price for the 2205S is coming in north of $40k (!) what kind of negotiations are possible on this?

Thanks in advance for your kind assistance!

Altazi
Hi, we went with 1 solar panel, 1200 watt inverter, power jacks and slide cover and thermal windows. We bought ours from RV ONE in Tampa , Fl. We were very pleased with the dealer. It listed over $40,000 and they sold it to us for around $26,000.00 Factory order of course.

The 12 volt fridge would be a no brainer for us. But, you should have a second solar panel and battery if you go that route.

Dual pane windows help keep out the cold a bit, but the biggest thing they do is quiet down the interiour....a lot.

Hello All,
I am looking at purchasing my first travel trailer, and the candidates include:
- Coachmen Apex Nano 213RDS
- Forest River Flagstaff Micro-Lite 22FBS
- Forest River Ibex 20BHS
- Forest River Rockwood Mini-Lite 2205S (virtually identical to the Flagstaff 22FBS)
- Forest River Surveyor Legend 202RBLE
- Lance Travel Trailer 1995
- Keystone Hideout 202RD
- Keystone Premier 19FBPR

If any of you have one if these units, please let me know what you think about it - pros, cons, any helpful comments would be appreciated.

Also, I would like to know if these units have a native 30A or 50A shore power connection.

Thanks in advance!

Altazi

We have a Forest River Wildwood XL, 2016 model, being a 253 RLXL. From experience, I'd say most of the XL's or MicroLite units are more suitable for only on-road travel and campground usage. For off-road usage, I don't think they are adequately built structurally. To get the "lite" feature I view some structural materials and methods that must be omitted.

Most trailers have 30A provisions unless one gets to the larger units having dual AC units and other power-demanding options that do require 50A service.

As to the length of the units, different companies have ways of presenting theirs as larger. Ours is a 253, whatever that means, but the physical measurements from bumper to ball hitch is 30' 6". So there is about 3 ft upfront plus 1 ft in the rear, not including the spare tire mounting that is "outside of the box. So is it a 25', or a 27', or a 30'? It's all of those.

Make a list of; (a) must have, (b) would like, (c) don't want/need. Also, consider the tow vehicle in terms of the towing ability in weight. Be conservative on the numbers and don't push to near max. You will struggle going uphill and then wonder how you'll get it stopped going downhill. That's a nail-biter!

Latest resources

Back