Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

HOMERFROMLAWTON

RVF Newbee
The decision has been made a motor home would better serve our needs instead of buying a summer house in Canada. We are retired and money is not a problem. It is just me and the wife. And probably 5 months out of the year a motor home will be our home away from home. We live in south Texas and it just gets too hot to do things in the summer. i am looking for brands of motor homes i need to research. we want at least a 40 ft. We want a Disel only. And it will have to have a towing capacity of 10,000 pounds since we will be towing a car and maybe a trailer. i bought a Winnebago and could not keep a transmission in it. What happened was Winnebago did not change their drive line but keep adding features and the home was carrying so much weigh the Transmisson would wear out and there went $3,000 every 10,000 miles. i know I don't want a new home. but I am looking for one that is 8 to 10 years old. That age the deprecation slows down. Sure, it will need some repairs, that is to be expected. It is used and I am prepared to deal with the cost. What are the names of some of the reliable homes that fit what I am looking for. i would like to find what i am looking for by May 2024 at the latest. i am willing to fly wherever i find what I am looking for, but before buying I will hire a professional inspector to report on anything they find in the way of repairs needed. If I am overlooking anything to consider, please throw in your two cents. I ask you to. I will be paying cash so no advice on financing is needed. 15,000 miles a year will be close to the average annual mileage that will be put on it. I thank everyone in advance for their two cents worth and their advice.

Latest resources

Back