Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

dcscamper

RVF Newbee
We are planning a trip from Florida to the Grand Canyon. I would love to hear suggestions of places/ parks to visit on the way. We are planning white sands national park and Albuquerque. Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

We are planning a trip from Florida to the Grand Canyon. I would love to hear suggestions of places/ parks to visit on the way. We are planning white sands national park and Albuquerque. Thank you in advance for your suggestions.
Sedona AZ. We just traveled from South Louisiana to Grand Canyon end of October.

From Albuquerque to the South Rim you will follow highway 40 which covers part of old Route 66. Along the way is the Petrified Forest and if you are into odd attractions there is always the opportunity to get a photo of yourself "Standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona". Sadly, there is nothing else in Winslow relating to the Eagles. Meteor Crater Natural Landmark is another side trip that is interesting if you are into large meteor craters and a side trip to Sedona (as suggested by Bayouownbeer) is worth the trip IMO (Just know that Sedona is about 4300 Ft and Flagstaff is about 7000 ft. It is a heck of a long climb) . Before you get to White Sands you will be close to another oddity The Roswell Alien Museum.

Safe travels

Darrell

Thanks We are heading that way in March.

From Albuquerque to the South Rim you will follow highway 40 which covers part of old Route 66. Along the way is the Petrified Forest and if you are into odd attractions there is always the opportunity to get a photo of yourself "Standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona". Sadly, there is nothing else in Winslow relating to the Eagles. Meteor Crater Natural Landmark is another side trip that is interesting if you are into large meteor craters and a side trip to Sedona (as suggested by Bayouownbeer) is worth the trip IMO (Just know that Sedona is about 4300 Ft and Flagstaff is about 7000 ft. It is a heck of a long climb) . Before you get to White Sands you will be close to another oddity The Roswell Alien Museum.

Safe travels

Darrell
I would go to the canyon via Williams, az labeled the gateway to the grand canyon. Attractions there include a narrow Guage train ride up. Also has the distinction of being the last town on route 66 to have been bypassed by I-40!!! Tourist trap no doubt!

I would go to the canyon via Williams, az labeled the gateway to the grand canyon. Attractions there include a narrow Guage train ride up. Also has the distinction of being the last town on route 66 to have been bypassed by I-40!!! Tourist trap no doubt!
Oh yah! Belmont (on the way from flag) is the home of the Richfield gas station featured in the movie easy rider!

Have a safe trip.

We will be at KOA in Williams. Thanks for the info.

We will be at KOA in Williams. Thanks for the info.
Good choice!!! Just like the reservations for camp spaces, the train should be booked in advance I it sounds interesting to you!

First off, Welcome to RVForums.com

Tell us a bit more about yourselves..... Type of RV.....estimated route....are you planning on boondocking or not.... Harvest Host? and such. It helps us on the forum to give a better suited answer to your questions.

If you're going on I-10 a few suggestions, when going through a large city timing is everything 10AM-3PM is best. Sometimes a few bucks for a Tollway is better.

Las Cruces NM has some wonderful history and some of the best Mexican food in the world, a few days there would be a pleasure.

Latest resources

Back