Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Sunnywa

RVF Newbee
As we all know trying to buy anything right now is totally crazy. But my husband and I decided it would be a great time to buy an RV ;) ... We will be using it for long weekends, quick trips - a week would be tops for the amount of time spent in it at any given time. I thought that I had found "the one" when I found the Tiffin Wayfarer - but again - you have to order sight-unseen - which wouldn't be so terrible except my husband is 6'6" tall and I discovered that residential mattrass and an RV mattress are not the same - so his feet will hang off the bed about 6".. For $200K+ he probably should be able to fit in the bed :). So I expanded my search and I found the Thor Magnitude - a Super C - for about the same money you get a ton more space, it appears he will fit it the bed, and 4X4.

So my question is.... Any of you have any strong feeling one way or the other on the small, cute, little Wayfarer or the big, beefy, Magnitude. Although I have not even been able to get inside of either one (we live in a small town three hours from the nearest dealer - and they don't even have one of either even if we drove to the city.)

This is a totally crazy question - have any of you ever heard of putting a window in a slide that doesn't have one? I have found another floor plan - but no windows in the slide near the bed. Just wondering..

Thank you for any help you are willing to share..

Suggest trying to find a RV show that you can attend. This will allow you to see what your options are. Your husband being 6’6” does bring some issues beside the bed, showers can be rather small with a skylight to create more head room. Taking a shower with my head in the bubble wasn’t my idea of fun.

Good luck with your search and keep us posted.

Shopping for an rv could be a nice vacation idea. Take your time and find something that meets your needs. It is a big purchase. I think looking at RVs is great fun, check out everything you can, you might find something you were not considering. We looked for a year before we found our class A and we were very happy with our decision (although we just downsized to a class B because our needs changed).

Thank you...

It seems like most of the big RV shows are over for the year - we were hoping to get something on order so that it might be ready by next year. If you know of any big shows coming up I would love to hear about them.

Thanks again!!!

You can make any modification you want if you have enough money. But there might be a good reason besides cost-cutting why there's no window in that slide.

You can modify the length of the bed for a tall person by having a foam piece cut to fit the base of the mattress that will attach where the feet go. You have to also modify the what that piece will sit on but it is a solution.

Latest resources

Back