Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Time for seed and fertilizer at the S&B. What was once $40 for a bag of seed turned $80 a few years ago was $130 today.

Unfortunately there will not be an abundance of fertilizer any time soon. Ukraine will be removing ordinance from the farmers fields for the foreseeable future 🤬

It's EVERYTHING! I'm getting to the point (personally) where I am going to start my own little boycott. For example, your lawn problem ? I'd reach out to the local golf course maintenance guy and see if they had any (extra) seed 😊 And the local horse stables have all the "fertilizer" you will need. I know it doesn't make any sense, but it makes me feel better. Sometime, somewhere, somehow, this is going fall apart. The price escalation cannot continue. It's going to break. Good luck with the lawn Neal...I DO like a nice lawn 😉 Blessings

Year ago when Tucson raised water rates, everyone went desert landscaping. I don't know Neal, hear weeds are green, maybe that is the answer.😊

It's EVERYTHING! I'm getting to the point (personally) where I am going to start my own little boycott. For example, your lawn problem ? I'd reach out to the local golf course maintenance guy and see if they had any (extra) seed 😊 And the local horse stables have all the "fertilizer" you will need. I know it doesn't make any sense, but it makes me feel better. Sometime, somewhere, somehow, this is going fall apart. The price escalation cannot continue. It's going to break. Good luck with the lawn Neal...I DO like a nice lawn 😉 Blessings
Unfortunately Horse manure is not good fertilizer.

Unfortunately Horse manure is not good fertilizer
Well, partly true 🤔 It depends upon what the horse(s) eat and it needs to be composted. Six month's minimum and ideally one year. Guess I was using the analogy to express my angst at these crazy prices. Now rabbit poop can be used directly😊

Oh yeah...I forgot...one can buy already composted horse poop and most garden centers. I just found this link that adds a tad to the discussion:

It's not for everyone...but I know many stables have "already composted" piles available for the public to shovel for free. (They want to re-cycle too)

It's not for everyone...but I know many stables have "already composted" piles available for the public to shovel for free. (They want to re-cycle too)

Really they just want to lower cost like everyone else!!!

This thread went to $hit in a hurry...

Latest resources

Back