• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Love those prices

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
It's EVERYTHING! I'm getting to the point (personally) where I am going to start my own little boycott. For example, your lawn problem ? I'd reach out to the local golf course maintenance guy and see if they had any (extra) seed 😊 And the local horse stables have all the "fertilizer" you will need. I know it doesn't make any sense, but it makes me feel better. Sometime, somewhere, somehow, this is going fall apart. The price escalation cannot continue. It's going to break. Good luck with the lawn Neal...I DO like a nice lawn 😉 Blessings
No, it DOES make sense, and if enough people wise up and quite paying ludicrous pricing for stuff, the prices will come down. The sales side of the economy is suffering because people can't afford to buy stuff.
My wife and I make good money, 2 payments left on our house, 5-7ish years to retirement, decent size retirement accounts. A LOT of people we know will never have the ability to retire, not because they don't make the same money we do, but because they spend like idiots.

Those that spend money like it was water, simply know the value of fiat.

A LOT of people we know will never have the ability to retire, not because they don't make the same money we do, but because they spend like idiots.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yep, that there is the truth!

Those that spend money like it was water, simply know the value of fiat

What Is Fiat Money?​

Fiat money is a government-issued currency that is not backed by a physical commodity, such as gold or silver, but rather by the government that issued it. The value of fiat money is derived from the relationship between supply and demand and the stability of the issuing government, rather than the worth of a commodity backing it. Most modern paper currencies are fiat currencies, including the U.S. dollar, the euro, and other major global currencies.

With over 30 Trillion dollars worth of debt and an unstable government, I think we would be better off if our currency value WAS based upon the car 🤔

Can we base the value of our currency on eggs instead? I say this having just made peanut cookies. 😜

I’m also going to add a mildly contradictory point. Precious metals only have value because we think they do, just like currency.

Trading services and products is what we’re going back to if society collapses. An hour of my time will be worth an hour of your time.

I’m also going to add a mildly contradictory point. Precious metals only have value because we think they do, just like currency.

Trading services and products is what we’re going back to if society collapses. An hour of my time will be worth an hour of your time.
And while there is merit to what you say, precious metals have been traded for thousands of years. Whether the value of metal is perceived or real, there is more value in it than there is in the word of a dissolvent nation.

And while there is merit to what you say, precious metals have been traded for thousands of years. Whether the value of metal is perceived or real, there is more value in it than there is in the word of a dissolvent nation.

Yes, but there’d be even more value in learning how to provide a necessary service. If you were facing starvation, would you rather trade for laying hens or a few grams of gold?

Yes, but there’d be even more value in learning how to provide a necessary service. If you were facing starvation, would you rather trade for laying hens or a few grams of gold?
Yes, to a starving man a pound of golden wheat.

To someone who wants to have his labor hold value, gold or silver seems better than that that can be corrupted.

I still believe precious metals have value, most of my investment there within has been in lead & brass. I don't believe it's if society collapses but rather when. It's feeling a lot like we're living in what I've read the roaring twenties were like, I suspect October 29th 2029 should be a fun day! I actually don't think at our current acceleration toward collapse that we have that long.

The barter system will have to be weighted some what, a skill surgeon's time, just like today will be more valueable than a skilled goat herder's time. A skilled goat herder's time will still be worth greater than 10X that of a Cisco systems administrator or financial advisor. Antibiotics will be worth more than plutonium by weight. Those that can fix and build things with hand tools (or pneumatic powered by windmill driven compressors) and field trauma doctors will be akin to our Warren Buffetts and Jeff Bezos. 1 good mule will be worth more than 10 Kenworths, a good bicycle will be worth more than a 2500sqft house. Axes & crosscut saws will keep people from freezing (that know how to use them). Deer over population in suburban areas will no longer be a problem.

Things are poised to look very differently in the next 5-7 years. My oldest chooses a foreign language to study in middle school next year, the choices are between Spanish, French, Chinese & I believe German. I like to pick winners, guess where I'm going to direct him.

Latest resources

Back