Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Quote:
“And what about the real “thrifty of heart” among us? We asked about what this means for “non-hookup parking.” The official response was this: “Love’s also has RV parking spaces at its locations that are no cost. These spaces are meant for customers staying 1-2 hours while they are in Love’s Travel Stores or its restaurants.” Evidently, if you’re looking for a free “pavement park” overnight, Love’s is not the place to go.”

Haven’t had an issue with our SuperC overnighting in any truck stop, including Love’s.
When our SuperC is backed in between trucks it looks like any other Freightliner Cascadia. Maybe this will be one more advantage to a SuperC vs Class A.
So though we are excluded from many classA resorts, we may be allowed at Loves for free parking. Hmmm

I looked up this on a recent trip and what I found were back in sites. Not good towing a car. I’m sure there are some pull through in some places. We stayed that night at a Cracker Barrel.

I haven't used one of the Love's RV Stops nor am I all that close to one.. I do find them interesting. The closest similar thing to me is the RV Park at Clines Corners, NM ($26 last checked 2/2023). It is in a location that is well-known for having "different" weather from the surrounding area. And it's a lot safer than the rest areas a few miles to the west on the interstate. And it used to be much higher priced. I would stay at one or more of these parks, depending on the situation.

Since Love's put on in an area that I am overly familliar with, I was interested in what one costs. The RV Stop in Cordele, GA (I-75 Exit 102) is one exit north of Cordele Ga. I previously lived for several months in the State Park there as well as at a private campground in the area (Dixie CG, Vienna).

The current situation for overnight stays (ONS) close to the interstate is somewhat limited. The local Super Walmart does not allow overnighting. That basically leaves Cracker Barrel with a limited number of spots. Although we would park over length vehicles in the neighbouring Home Depot parking lot next to the Cracker Barrel. I noticed that many longer RVs would ONS there (always ask at HD).

As for actual campgrounds, Ga Vet's SP is now run by Lake Blackshear Resort & Golf Club. All their sites are W/E. A 50 amp waterfront site is $70. A 50 amp non-waterfront site is $60 (looked up prices in 2/2023 for my personal GA Travel Directory). Add to that it's 12 miles from I-75 or about 20 minutes of driving or up to 45 minutes depending on the trains (I used to live there - I well remember sitting and waiting on the long trains). The private campground I stayed at was even farther from town. So, for a single overnight stay, NOT a destination stay, Ga Vet's would cost me $60 for W/E. Upside to staying at the SP would be a stop at the Striplings 280 store (located near the entrance) for sausage and nice meats for a meal. Stripling's has gooood sausage and meats, although they are a bit pricey. I know there are other parks in the area. but then I also KNOW the other parks in the area along with their local reputations.

Compare the Love's RV Stop price of $55 for W/50/S pull-thru hookup to the $60 for a W/50 hookup and Love's beats. The RV Stop is less than a half mile from the interstate. This is geared to someone who is traveling and does not intend on staying more than one night. An upside to staying at the Love's RV Park would be stopping at Smoakie's BBQ for some of their yummy BBQ. My last visit back East had a route change so I didn't make it that far south for a long desired stop for some decent BBQ.... by the pound (next time!) so I didn't stay at the Love's RV Stop.

For me and the way I travel, yes, I would stop at the Love's RV Stop in Cordele, GA. It gets cold enough in the fall to winter months to require a heater (the dog gets cold easily) and hot enough in the summer to make sleeping overnight without an air conditioner uncomfortable. Having electric hookups is preferred. Cordele is a potential "stopping point" as I often traveled GA300, US19, US27, US82, US280, and US441 when in that area.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back