• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Tip Loves RV Stop option

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
If all I want is a place to sleep and get on the road again in the morning why would I want to add 20 miles to my trip?
It might be 10 miles to the next exit, not necessarily 10 miles from truck stop. One poster mentioned Cordele GA, one of my favorite KOA's its less than 1/2 mile off I-75

They are shooting themselves in the foot. That is too much for a truckstop. 10 miles away one can be in a real campground for the same price.
I can only speak to the RV Stop in Walsenburg, CO... Yes, it is in proximity to the truck stop area but far enough away that you don't hear the big rigs coming and going through the night. This RV Stop is brand new and has a good amount of amenities... Water hookups, 50/30 amp service, private showers, laundry facilities, dog park, and even pickleball. I have no issue with their rates for an overnight stop or even for a couple of days. Not to mention you have a beautiful view of the Colorado Rocky Mountains... (y) Cracker Barrel is free but there are no amenities and I've eaten there too... Meh I've stayed at some KOA camp grounds that were way over priced and they were dumps... 🤬

Gotta love them noisy truck stops
Maybe Bucees will offer it soon? :ROFLMAO:

If all I want is a place to sleep and get on the road again in the morning why would I want to add 20 miles to my trip?
I am sure you wouldn’t. This was only a comparison of bang for buck. I have gone to using rest areas on interstates. Then go into the trucks top in the morning as most have already left or are leaving. Sometimes a wait for toilet in the am, but you all don’t have that problem.

At Loves I stay in the free RV spots. i have even paid for a reserved spot at FJ $18, so I could get a truck spot without upsetting anyone.

And yes I love the truckstop noise. The exception was one I stayed in that was just the spot where doubles were hooking up all night - banging and hammering on hitches, right outside where my head was inthe bed. Not fun.

I understand, but the way see it is: if all I want is to get some sleep and move on then why pay $50.00. I could pull into most parking lots and get some sleep.

I was the one that mentioned the one off 75 in Cordele, GA.

For $40 a night with full hookups I’d rather stay there than $80 at a KOA. Easy in and out, fuel right there in the morning, etc.

Everyone has to make their own choice but has worked well for us when we have used them.

We did pass on one that had RV parking spots - too close together and not in the best area for an overnight.

Here is a picture from the RV Stop in Walsenburg, CO... Me thinks this is much better than a Cracker Barrel parking lot or a Walmart... :ROFLMAO:(y) To each their own... :unsure:

i-F9Xkc47-XL.jpg

Here is a picture from the RV Stop in Walsenburg, CO... Me thinks this is much better than a Cracker Barrel parking lot or a Walmart... :ROFLMAO:(y) To each their own... :unsure:
Certainly, a secure electrified overnight spot is preferable to boondocking behind a Cracker Barrel. Never a Wally World for me.

So far we have stayed in 2 different ones. One in Sweetwater Texas the other in McPherson Kansas. They are on the spendy side but they were gated, quiet, clean and secure, we like them.

How easy is it to maneuver a big coach into the loves rv stops because when I look at satellite images some look like I’d have to unhook to get in there. Images can be deceiving.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back