• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Low voltage

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I did learn a few things at RV school and the education continues......

I agree 10.5 is too low.I raised it to 11.5 giving room for the load of starting the generator at 1.1 or 50%.

Quite educational. There is my problem. Mine is always on float.I thought that was goid. It is not driven in the winter, so except for running the engine for 15 min once or twice a month, batteries remain at 13.1. I drive for three days several times a year and park for a month each time, with batteries on float. I guess I will need to start the engine more often or occasionally unplug and let the batteries drop to 12.5 or so in order to get the 14 volt bulk charge more often. How many people actually do that?

Thanks for the info. From the batteries perspective, I need to change my wicked ways. Hope it is not too late for thede relatively young batteries.

Hopefully, problem solved. I called Harris batteries. Of course, I left my new load tester home. Anyhow, I separated all of the batteries, let them rest for over two hours. Voltages on each battery mesures 6.4- 6.6 v - looked good. I bought a professional load tester. All batteries were good to the top of the weak zone under load. One battery pinned the needle in the bad zone under load. The tech at Harris confirmed that battery is bad. Working out how to get it replaced, as it is only 17 months old.

If your inverter is doing a low voltage shutdown at 12.6 there setting in your panel and you should be able to set at what voltage your inverter shuts down. It shouldn't like set to high.

In answer to "how many people do that? " I would bet almost none. Maybe some super informed genius out there or someone that works in the battery industry. Or someone like a couple guys I know that worked on Diesel/Electric submarines.......

Latest resources

Back