Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Has anyone mounted one of those magnetic strips to hold your kitchen knives? I'd love to see it and learn how you mounted it. I can only see using an adhesive mount since I have backsplash surrounding my kitchen counter area.

Following since our wood block for knives does take up a little space.

Would be interesting to see how someone mounted in the tile backsplash Newmar uses.

I'd be concerned that the knives could be dislodged on a rough road.

My wife bought some good knives that have plastic scabbards to protect the knife. The just store with the rest of the utensils.

My daughter has a plastic slotted wall mounted knife holder in her truck camper. It works nicely for her ceramic knife set. It also will hold a pair of kitchen shears IF they are the kind that breaks down into 2 sections. What I don't like about the thing is that we always have to wash the fine dust off the knife before using it. We have dust storms that range between 1 to 7 times per week (this morning it was dust & strong wind, right now it's rain and hail). Everything gets covered in talcum powder-like dust. We keep the eating/cooking utensils sealed against the dust. I use collapsible artist's brush holders to hold all my flatware, kitchen shears and knives. I use "waterproof" parts organizer bins (flat and deep boxes) to hold things like metal and silicone straws, tongs, measuring spoons and pretty much every thing. Things that have lids, get their lids put on so the inside stays dust free. I'm lazy and domestically challenged. I don't like washing dishes unless they have been used, even with an automatic dishwasher.

Neal, be careful handling knives, you'll cut yourself for sure.

I have an Ikea one mounted. On my previous trailer I screwed it to a cupboard that was at a right angle to the counter but I didn't have that on my current one. I tried Alien Tape but it sagged/melted once it got hot so I screwed it VERY carefully into the wall. I have never had a knife or other utensil fall off in travel.

Attachments

• IMG_5667.jpeg
    IMG_5667.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 22
Has anyone mounted one of those magnetic strips to hold your kitchen knives? I'd love to see it and learn how you mounted it. I can only see using an adhesive mount since I have backsplash surrounding my kitchen counter area.
You really only need a few good knives, and a smaller wooden knife drawer storage unit works well, and protects the edges. Judy D

We have a Warther knife set that came with a wooden , matching knife block to hold the 4 knives.
Mounted it on the sidewall of the pantry with HD tape. There is a gap about 2"-2 1/2" between the drawers and the inside wall. Works great, never move, and is in a safe place away from any small kids!! I'd take a picture, but can't seem to get them attached from my phone. Again, technology challenged!;)

Latest resources

Back